Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMMG with CME question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default GMMG with CME question

I apologize for adding to all of the GMMG questions on here but I didn't see a thread that answered my question. I have an '02 SS with the CME and the factory cat back came with the 2 elbows to route the exhaust to the CME tips obviously, but those elbows are not 90* or at the very least, one of them is not and this appears to be because of the way the old exhaust was designed. The driver side pipe from the muffler back was a little shorter then the passenger side, and one of the sides (I believe the passenger) is at a weird angle, hense the one elbow not being an exact 90*, and the GMMG pipes appear to come straight back and are the same length (or atleast the ends of both reach the same point). If any of this makes sense your input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Teching In

I did see someone say that they bought 2 "driver side" elbows and had them cut to fit, but it seems like this would'nt be all that rare of an occurance and somebody would know what 90's I need and where i can find them.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TcMcDaniel
I did see someone say that they bought 2 "driver side" elbows and had them cut to fit, but it seems like this would'nt be all that rare of an occurance and somebody would know what 90's I need and where i can find them.
Any decent exhaust shop can do this for you..
Old 10-10-2012, 10:58 AM
Teching In

Well then apparently there are no decent exhaust shops in the greater Nashville area because nobody seems to use stainless, and nobody can make the bends I need. Apparently nobody does smaller then 4" radius bends
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well this is always an option as well. A bit pricey but he does offer several different tips if you want to change it up a bit while you're at it, and you already have the valance on your car. I know you already have tips and such but just thought you might like the idea.

http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=269
Old 10-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Teching In

I am getting 6LE tips but not those ones. Are those the only ones that come with the elbows? None of the other pictures show them. I e-mailed 6LE and have not gotten a response. I also e-mailed the guy who built the exhaust and have not heard back from him either. I'm an angry person with PTSD and I'm about ready to just crush the ******* car. How can none of the exhaust shops around here build this? Am I being unreasonable? I need 2, 90* elbows, preferably stainless, to mount my CME tips, I'm not an exhaust guy but it seems simple enough to me. I should just buy my own mandrel bender and build these things, I cannot be the first person to have this issue.
Old 10-10-2012, 04:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pypes performance exhaust part# PVM28S. It's a 2.5" 90* SS mandrel bend. You'll just have to have them cut to fit and flared.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Botlfed2000
Pypes performance exhaust part# PVM28S. It's a 2.5" 90* SS mandrel bend. You'll just have to have them cut to fit and flared.
Awesome. That is a tight enough bend? It doesn't say what the radius is and I know the driver side pipe is a hell of a squeeze and the standard 4" isn't quite cuttin it. It looks about right to the eyeball though I just thought I would ask. Thanks for the help friend.

Quick Reply: GMMG with CME question