Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust kids

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust kids

So im needing a little help. im going threw and starting to get the parts i need for my True Dual setup.

TSP 1 7/8" LT's
XR-1 Borla
Corsa

Now i will be doing a cam in a year or two when i get more cash flow.
LS1 XR275HR-12 from CompCams

For clearence issues since im dropped 2" would i be able to run 2.5" all the way or do i need the full 3" pipes? id like the 3" pipes just for flow but idk. Im doing over the axle on this setup
Old 04-05-2013, 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can run 2 1/2 all the way and over the axle, I am doing a 3" oval true dual. Clearence is only an issue when you aproach speed bumps or other such road hazzards.

Chad
Old 04-05-2013, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ss4chad
You can run 2 1/2 all the way and over the axle, I am doing a 3" oval true dual. Clearence is only an issue when you aproach speed bumps or other such road hazzards.

Chad
So even with the cam i will be able to get good flow at WOT
Old 04-05-2013, 02:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 1/2 will be fine with your set-up & will be better suited for the great roads we have.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MM98
2 1/2 will be fine with your set-up & will be better suited for the great roads we have.
Thank you, good to hear an Okie with some advice you and i know our roads go from super nice to crap real fast ahah doyou know where i can get an over axel setup from the headers to the bumper

such like that. but with out mufflers?
Old 04-05-2013, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ss4chad

Chad
Old 04-05-2013, 09:50 PM
On The Tree

Are you building your exhaust yourself or having a shop custom build? Paid 450 for mine and they tucked it up nice with an x pipe. I had clearance issues with my LM1 which actually led me to getting my duals so they could professionally tuck it. 2.5 Should be plenty with just a cam job. Im only running 1 3/4 with 2 1/2 and its plenty of flow. Night and day difference from the lame **** Y pipe.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I think dual 2.5 will work fine.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Id love to do the work myself to save a few bucks if i can get a kit for over the axle since im putting the XR-1 after the axle then the corsa tips but if i have to i will go to a shop im dreading the cost tho :/
Old 04-05-2013, 11:59 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

what is that like 1.5" piping?
Old 04-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mista Blazer
Id love to do the work myself to save a few bucks if i can get a kit for over the axle since im putting the XR-1 after the axle then the corsa tips but if i have to i will go to a shop im dreading the cost tho :/
There's only a couple actual "kits" but they are direct fit. B&B, Kooks. None of which are inexpensive. Not even sure if B&B makes it anymore. Even if you were to do all the exhaust yourself at home, buying the bends (depending on stainless or mild) or if you know someone who works somewhere with a mandrel bender, time involved in cutting, fitting, tig/mig, you would slowly approach the cost for the bolt on exhaust systems. Not to mention if you don't have the equipment to do it. The only problem is, Kooks requires their headers unless you modify the exhaust system, which isn't really a big deal. If you don't mind cutting into a $1400 plus dollar system. Lol.

B&B kit is in 2.5"
Kooks is in 3"

Typically if you have pictures of how the duals are ran, any competent shop can do it. Depending on the material, it "should" run you less than these bolt on kits. It just depends on whether or not they really want to do the job. Remember, you will need a Panhard relocation kit to get the best clearance over the axle.

I've been kicking around the idea of producing true dual set ups, thinking its a better idea everyday. Haha

Quick Reply: Exhaust kids