Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting ready to buy headers????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting ready to buy headers????

Looking to buy Qtp headers and catted y. Just making sure i have everything i need so here i go.O2 sims,O2 harness extenders,gaskets,stage 8 bolts,and where do you buy A.I.R restrictor plates? Also is there any welding needed on the qtp headers to Y pipe or does it have clamps.

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 05-05-2004, 05:23 PM
Launching!

If you are wanting AIR block off plates, just get the QTP Race Style headers and you won't have to worry about that. You'll also save some money because the AIR fitting headers are more expensive.

Clamps come with the system. Get new gaskets, the stock GM ones are the best. Just ask Barry (or whoever you talk to at QTP) and tell them you want the gaskets as well. Your list is good though besides that.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the info. I'm going to be still using my smog equipment and i heard of people using restrictor plates on the a.i.r or it could trigger a ses light. I don't know if you can buy them or you have to buy the block offs and drill holes in them. Does anyone has any info on this?

Thanks,
Anthony
Old 05-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Launching!

You can buy the block off plates at Thunder Racing, a sponsor to the right. You don't need to drill holes in them. If you are using your smog equipment, then you don't need the block off plates.

Nevertheless, using the block off plates won't stop an SES light anyways. If you don't have them on though, you'll have an open aired hole into the manifolds or headers. So if you aren't using the smog equipment, you'll need them if going with emissions headers.
Old 05-05-2004, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Ok i got ya. Thanks again
Old 05-05-2004, 09:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have qtp headers and catted ypipe with theh loudmouth and welding was necessary
Old 05-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Teching In

i just finished installing my QTPs and Y pipe with my dad the other day... i got rid of the air system.. The SES light is on but its really no big deal. It doesnt affect performance at all. I'll remove the light when ever i get the car tuned in the future
Old 05-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by travisnd
i have qtp headers and catted ypipe with theh loudmouth and welding was necessary
Where was the welding needed (y-pipe to loudmouth)? And how does it sound?
Old 05-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Teching In

I was planning on getting the QTP's as well for my 2000 SS. But what do I do with the factory EGR? Can I take it all off and still pass emmissions? My plan is to get the QTP's first along with a catted Y-pipe,then get the LS6 intake. How does the EGR removal affect all that?