Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EBAY fuel rails? Anyone using?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default EBAY fuel rails? Anyone using?

Anyone try the sub 100$ ebay rails that are running around?

The quality and versatility seems good for what you are paying for. I suppose the keyword there is seems. Though I don't know how you screw up a hollow aluminum rail and some AN fittings.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161201999018...84.m1423.l2649
Old 02-25-2014, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eh, fuels rails arent really a necessity unless you are making enough horsepower to go to the moon, per say. The only reason I would get aftermarket fuel rails is for looks, but thats just me. Otherwise, I will just keep my perfect functioning stock fuel rails and shove some larger fuel injectors in it when they are needed....ill spend that 100 bucks on something else
Old 02-25-2014, 06:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went ahead and bought it.

I'm installing a adjustable FPR and ditching the stocker in the tank. This should help reduce the number of weirdo 3/8 to an fittings required for the setup and allows for a dual return from the rails. I'll get some pics up when everything is finished.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:09 PM
11 Second Club

Default Fuel Rails

I looked at those and hesitated because of stories of cheaper fuel rails leaking. Post up how they work out for you when you get them.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts

A friend of mine is using a set on a 383 in the future, so he went ahead and bought the kit. It came with four hose ends, four end fittings, some line, the rails and brackets. On initially opening the box, we were impressed at the completeness. Then we looked in the rail... the machining process left burrs in the main portion where they punched through the injector ports.

Eventually we will clean it up and try it out, but it has me worried about injector angle (for leak prevention purposes). Sorry that's not conclusive, but it may give you some insight: I don't think it's a "plug and play".

Personally, I'll stick with my LS1 and LS2 rails.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:41 PM

I'm curious about this as well, looking to maybe use the eBay rails that come with an adapter in order to keep truck injectors (and save a few $$).

I've heard that the threads on these eBay rails are more prone to leaking when over-tightening. Anyone ever witness this?
Old 02-28-2014, 04:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by jcag2189
I'm curious about this as well, looking to maybe use the eBay rails that come with an adapter in order to keep truck injectors (and save a few $$).

I've heard that the threads on these eBay rails are more prone to leaking when over-tightening. Anyone ever witness this?

I'll give an eval of them when I bolt everything on late March, fittings from summit are on back order till like the 25th. Subscribe to the thread, I'll put some good details up.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Analysis

Attached a picture of the burs, all the cross drilled holes for the injectors left huge burs and they anodized over them.

The fittings look good, the AN hose that was included was cheap.

The seller refunded 20$ of my 75$ that I paid.

I bought the holley fuel rails and they are great, will be putting the holley ones on.

So there you have it, ebay fuel rails are sketch unless your cool with cleaning up the burs on the inside of the rail which I wasn't comfortable with.

If anyone wants them I'll sell them for 50$
Attached Thumbnails EBAY fuel rails? Anyone using?-img_3434.jpg  
Old 03-06-2014, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks for posting up the results.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Any more feedback on these?

Quick Reply: EBAY fuel rails? Anyone using?