Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 throttle body gasket?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 01:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 throttle body gasket?

I recently purchased a ported throttle body from a member. I was going to install it today, but I realized that I might need a gasket that I don't have. Do I need a new 1? (I know this might be a stupid question, so please don't flame me too much. ..)

Thanks in advance,
Bruce
Old 05-08-2014, 01:44 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's a search button for ?
Old 05-09-2014, 06:57 PM
Launching!

i tried search button. i didnt see any1 mention a gasket. just want to make sure before i dive in, dont want to risk not having everything i need to do the job.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Launching!

please dont post if your not going to be helpful. with the time you wasted posting " whats search button for" you could have just answered my question, that is if you even know the answer yourself. instead you had to be a child about it.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

You probably don't "need" one. But gaskets are cheap enough so every time I deal with gaskets and smaller hoses I usually replace then anyways. Through my experiences I have learned that when you remove something like that which has been on for over ten years, it usually doesn't like sealing as well when you try to use it again.

In short, my vote is go ahead and throw a new gasket on.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by fastbird02
please dont post if your not going to be helpful. with the time you wasted posting " whats search button for" you could have just answered my question, that is if you even know the answer yourself. instead you had to be a child about it.
With the time you took to make this post you have called a parts store and seen how much a throttle body gasket was.

I'm sorry to bash but it erk's me when people run to a message board and ask a question that if you thought about for five seconds you would have the answer to.

It's like when someone posts, My car is making a noise, what could it be?

But to answer your question, yes it's a good idea to replace it if you don't know how old your current gasket is. Normally you can re use an o ring type gasket over many times.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:14 PM
Launching!

thank you. and i get your point. i had read a bunch of threads on it but no1 even mentioned the gasket, which made me think i could reuse it. just wanted to make sure. regardless, thank you for the help.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Most likely you'll be perfectly fine reusing the old seal/gasket as long as it isn't damaged in any way. IMO do what you're comfortable with doing.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 857 Likes on 610 Posts

Originally Posted by fastbird02
thank you. and i get your point. i had read a bunch of threads on it but no1 even mentioned the gasket, which made me think i could reuse it. just wanted to make sure. regardless, thank you for the help.
No worries man. I'm sorry if I came off harsh. I think sometimes it's easy to forget that everyone starts out at the beginning.

Quick Reply: ls1 throttle body gasket?