Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quieter 3.5" muffler

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Quieter 3.5" muffler

Looking for something to quiet my car down with the cutout closed now that I ran the exhaust out back. I have a 12" dynomax bullet on there now. Car is a 3 speed so the less drone the better. I was looking at the round dynomax ultra flo because it'd fit right in place or the hooker aerochamber but I would have to tweak the exhaust. I know the magnaflow bullet would probably be quieter but trying to keep budget in mind here unless it's really that much quieter. I really love the sound of spintechs but I don't know what spintech muffler they use in the single dump mufflex kit I saw the xl muffler it's $150 though. But any help from experience would be awesome!

Old 04-19-2015, 06:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I run the Magnaflow 14419 muffler and really like it. I went from a SLP LM1 and it's just world's better lol
Old 04-19-2015, 01:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 3.5" Dynomax bullit muffler in my I-pipe and a 3.5" Hooker Aerochamber in the stock location on the combo in my sig. Had a 3.5" electric cutout just after the overaxle, amazing how much difference between open and closed going through Aerochamber which muffles it down quite a bit.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by floman
I had a 3.5" Dynomax bullit muffler in my I-pipe and a 3.5" Hooker Aerochamber in the stock location on the combo in my sig. Had a 3.5" electric cutout just after the overaxle, amazing how much difference between open and closed going through Aerochamber which muffles it down quite a bit.
I wanted to do that wil mine but just couldn't get it to fit with my set up! May give the aerochamber a try then. A buddy said he could hear his valve train over his muffler with it lol!
Old 04-21-2015, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You could probably put a QTP, AR3 Race Mufflers 12350 right where your current bullet muffler with minimal fuss, if you mount it at a angle \ (viewed from the side), or a Magnaflow#12909.
I'd also recommend running a 90* bend off the exit of the muffler so the exhaust sound shoots out the back and drones less.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/qtp-12350
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-12909

Btw, you really need a oval muffler, or at least a 6" diameter round muffler to quiet down the exhaust a reasonable amount.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there any way you could add a muffler in front of your merge. I ended up not using that Dynomax Ultraflow 17231 and going with the OBX catback I already had.
The Dynomax is dual 2.5" in & out. Since we're neighbors, you could take it and see if it could work for you before you pay me for it.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by squalor
Is there any way you could add a muffler in front of your merge. I ended up not using that Dynomax Ultraflow 17231 and going with the OBX catback I already had.
The Dynomax is dual 2.5" in & out. Since we're neighbors, you could take it and see if it could work for you before you pay me for it.
Thanks for the offer joe but I'm running a single 3.5" all the way out back so that's what size I need.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99Bluz28
You could probably put a QTP, AR3 Race Mufflers 12350 right where your current bullet muffler with minimal fuss, if you mount it at a angle \ (viewed from the side), or a Magnaflow#12909.
I'd also recommend running a 90* bend off the exit of the muffler so the exhaust sound shoots out the back and drones less.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/qtp-12350
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-12909

Btw, you really need a oval muffler, or at least a 6" diameter round muffler to quiet down the exhaust a reasonable amount.
Thanks for the links I never knew qtp made a muffler that size I may look up some sound clips and go with that r the aerochamber!

Closed the cutout on the way home today it's definately quieter through the bullet just a tad loud still on the outside.

I really like my buddies 3.5" spintech it's not too loud outside and it is super quiet inside although he has the in/out style like factory. I can't seem to figure out what muffler they use in the single dump mufflex I saw they have a a lx single muffler it's around 16 or 18" long so I figured that may be it. I don't think they're 12" pro street 6000 would be that quiet but idk.

Quick Reply: Quieter 3.5" muffler