Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP New catback with cut out

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP New catback with cut out

Hey all, im in the market for a new catback kit. Was looking at texas speeds new cat back kit that has a cut out built in. Looks likea very nice kit. Has anyone used it before? What style muffler is it? Is it a straight through or baffled? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-31-2016, 02:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is a link to a thread I created on the exhaust. In it you will find a few pictures and sound clips. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-cat-back.html

The muffler is a straight through design similar to Magnaflow style mufflers. If you have any further questions give us a call at 512-863-0900 and any of the guys up here would be more than happy to help.

Lonnie
POWERBOND - ASP - PRECISION INDUSTRIES - YANK - CIRCLE D - AND MORE!
NEW NUMBER (512)863-0900
Old 04-02-2016, 10:11 AM
Launching!

I am still very happy with mine. I finally got to installing my Ecutout as well. You wont be disappointed
Old 04-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by EdgarB
I am still very happy with mine. I finally got to installing my Ecutout as well. You wont be disappointed
Awesome! Is your car cammed or mostly stock? How's the fitment quality and sound quality?
Old 04-04-2016, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sales3@Texas-Speed
Here is a link to a thread I created on the exhaust. In it you will find a few pictures and sound clips. https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...-cat-back.html

The muffler is a straight through design similar to Magnaflow style mufflers. If you have any further questions give us a call at 512-863-0900 and any of the guys up here would be more than happy to help.

Lonnie
Thanks! Ill give you guys a call as soon as i get a chance!
Old 04-09-2016, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After my long business trip and waiting forever to get my car back from paint, I finally got to work on the car a little this weekend. I started my installation on my BMR Wats-Link and my TSP exhaust. I was one of many who were really impressed with this exhaust when Lonnie first posted it here.

I had Borla exhaust, which was my very first mod when I purchased the car brand new. Even though I loved my Borla, it was time for a change. Like pretty much like half the mods I have been doing since my refurbishment/modernization of my Trans Am, I was not going to upgrade my exhaust. I even purchased all new pipes for my Borla, and polished it. But, after seeing the new exhaust, and hearing it, it was time for a change.

Now, I do not have it fully installed as I do not have a lot of time this weekend,but I got it close enough to to hear it, and it sounds great. It has a deeper note than the Borla. It is a tad louder than I had hoped, but with the new interior mods with "Fat Mat", insulation, and a thicker carpet, it still should be quiet enough for me. And when I want to get wild, the electric cutout on my desk should fill the bill.

Here, I hopefully, am posting some of my mods and the "before" (w/Borla) and "after" (w/TSP exhaust).

Last edited by 98RaptorTA; 04-10-2016 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 03:50 PM
Staging Lane

Awesome! I ordered mine last week on wednesday, and its supposed to be delivered tuesday! I ordered all new exhaust, as mine is completely falling apart and its mostly stock except for the flowmaster muffler, which sounds terrible now. I cant WAIT to install mine when it gets here!
Old 02-10-2017, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old thread but thinking of getting Texas speed cat back. What type of stainless steel is the system made out of? Any links to an install video on a stock car?

Quick Reply: TSP New catback with cut out