Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Put the Hooker catback on today

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Put the Hooker catback on today

Well, after having the heads and cam put on a couple of weeks ago, the magnaflow that was on the SS was too raspy and too tinny sounding. So, I ordered the Hooker Catback from Speed Inc. Got here on thursday and I installed it today. Much Much better. Deeper tone, it is more quiet than the magnaflow when cruising and at WOT it screams. I read a lot of posts on this board before I bought the Hooker, and those that have it love it. While sitting at a light today, I heard a Cobra come up beside me and it had that sound only the Cobras produce. I've always said they run like sh#t, but they sound good. When I left the light, the Hooker had the same sound and growl as that Cobra, I've been looking for that for 3 years. Good fitment, only problem on installation was the passenger side tube out of the muffler had no hangers and the drivers side tube only had 1 hanger. We welded an additional hanger on each side and it looks beautiful. I've had 5 catbacks on this car since I got it 3 years ago. This is number 6, I think it's the last one. Oh and by the way, it has hardly any rasp with the cats off, it just sounds great and with the 231/237 cam, it sounds like the cars I had in the late 60's early 70's.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

congrats! Hookers rule!
Old 06-26-2004, 10:16 PM
Teching In

Nice review. Pics? Sound clip?
Old 06-26-2004, 11:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AjIsDope
Nice review. Pics? Sound clip?
I'll try to get those tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2004, 11:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SS125
I'll try to get those tomorrow.
Exxxxxxxxxxcellent.....
Old 06-26-2004, 11:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

looking for the pics and vid too, have to replace what i have now, and weeding out options
Old 06-27-2004, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have some Hooker clips and pics on www.ls1sounds.com. If you can capture a video of your setup, please send it to me! I'm always looking for more exhaust clips!
Old 06-27-2004, 10:25 AM
On The Tree

Hooker
Old 06-27-2004, 12:14 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BTA 123
Hooker
I agree.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Can I post the video here?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

The video has to be hosted on a web server somewhere before you can post a working link to it. If you have the video captured already, you can send it to me at chad@dodds.cc and I'll host it for you on www.ls1sounds.com!
Old 06-27-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
The video has to be hosted on a web server somewhere before you can post a working link to it. If you have the video captured already, you can send it to me at chad@dodds.cc and I'll host it for you on www.ls1sounds.com!
I'm sending it to you right now, I hope?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm sending it to you right now, I hope?

Well, after many tries, I think it finally was sent to LS1sounds.com. Let me know if you got it.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

I never got it... did you email the file to chad@dodds.cc? I haven't set up any @ls1sounds.com email names...
Old 06-28-2004, 07:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my hooker as well. I have a nice clip of my car in the Hooker section of ls1sounds.com
Old 06-28-2004, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
I never got it... did you email the file to chad@dodds.cc? I haven't set up any @ls1sounds.com email names...
This file is like 20mb. I've tried everthing to email it to you. Can I compress it or what do I do? The compression thing isn't going to work, I just tried that and only reduced the size by 4%. What do I do now?
Old 06-28-2004, 05:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I sent you an email...
Old 06-28-2004, 10:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I drove the car quite a bit today, and all I got to say is "AWESOME!". I've always thought that the Cobra was the best sounding car with the right exhaust (even though that is all they got) and I have put on 5 or 6 catbacks looking for a particular sound. I've got to admit this Hooker is abolutely the closet thing I have found that sounds as good as those Cobras. It will absolutely be the last catback I will buy for the SS. I was at a red light on my way home tonight when suddenly there was a guy standing at my door just shaking his head asking "what kind of exhaust is that." He had a 97 camaro and he cannot get it to sound like mine sounds. He was in the vehicle behind me. I pulled into the BP past the light and I saw him turn right, and the next thing I know, he's pulled into the gas station to get another listen. Then standing at the gas pump, some guy is just standing there shaking his head and all he could say was "sounds awesome" He listened to the cam and say, that's not stock, right? The TSP cam has an awesome lope and with that catback this thing sounds wicked. I love it. I would love to send the video I have over to LS1Sounds.com, and I've been trying for two days, the file is 20.3mb and I've tried my email account at yahoo and msn. Both of them limit the size of the file. I've tried to break the file into pieces in outlook express and it just wants to send 56 files and then gives me an error about half way through. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can send this file, let me know.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:14 PM
TECH Regular

I drove the car quite a bit today, and all I got to say is "AWESOME!". I've always thought that the Cobra was the best sounding car with the right exhaust (even though that is all they got) and I have put on 5 or 6 catbacks looking for a particular sound. I've got to admit this Hooker is abolutely the closet thing I have found that sounds as good as those Cobras. It will absolutely be the last catback I will buy for the SS. I was at a red light on my way home tonight when suddenly there was a guy standing at my door just shaking his head asking "what kind of exhaust is that." He had a 97 camaro and he cannot get it to sound like mine sounds. He was in the vehicle behind me. I pulled into the BP past the light and I saw him turn right, and the next thing I know, he's pulled into the gas station to get another listen. Then standing at the gas pump, some guy is just standing there shaking his head and all he could say was "sounds awesome" He listened to the cam and say, that's not stock, right? The TSP cam has an awesome lope and with that catback this thing sounds wicked. I love it. I would love to send the video I have over to LS1Sounds.com, and I've been trying for two days, the file is 20.3mb and I've tried my email account at yahoo and msn. Both of them limit the size of the file. I've tried to break the file into pieces in outlook express and it just wants to send 56 files and then gives me an error about half way through. If anyone has any ideas as to how I can send this file, let me know.
SWEET!! Hooker catback > ALL
Old 07-04-2004, 09:02 AM
Teching In

I was thinking about getting a hooker catback also, how loud is it at idle and WOT? Im looking for something that is deeper sounding than stock, and louder, but I don't want anything obnoxiously loud. Also, does anyone know what kind of hp gains I can expect from this catback? Does it flow well campaired to other catbacks in its price range?

Quick Reply: Put the Hooker catback on today