Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone made a thunder-mouth?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone made a thunder-mouth?

Has anyone used the sweet thunder mufflers to make a thundermouth setup?
Where do they sell these mufflers?
Old 10-24-2004, 04:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

they sell them on their website. www.sweet-thunder.com. talk to Tiger2o69. i think he's considering swapping a sweet thunder in for his resonater, i thought i remember talkin to him about it.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:18 PM
11 Second Club

I thought about it and researched it a bit. I found out that it sounds much like gmmg but will be louder unless you replace the resonater as well as add one where it splits off to the left tip.

With the money that they cost I decided to get another exhaust and use a cutout.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

A few months back I replaced my LOUDMOUTH resonator with a 18'' SWEETTHUNDER muffler because the exhaust note wasn't there with loudness. But now it sounds loud along with a good muscular exhaust note. I barely got any compliments with my LOUDMOUTH, but when I made the swap I started getting more compliments than before. I was thinking of calling it SWEETMOUTH but it didn't sound right. THUNDERMOUTH is a lot better.
Old 10-24-2004, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wouldnt "Thunder-Mouth" = GMMG? or be pretty close?....
Old 10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

I'm guessing it would be pretty close. I was thinking of buying another to see if would sound even better or close to a GMMG system.
Old 10-26-2004, 06:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by redbeast
A few months back I replaced my LOUDMOUTH resonator with a 18'' SWEETTHUNDER muffler because the exhaust note wasn't there with loudness. But now it sounds loud along with a good muscular exhaust note. I barely got any compliments with my LOUDMOUTH, but when I made the swap I started getting more compliments than before. I was thinking of calling it SWEETMOUTH but it didn't sound right. THUNDERMOUTH is a lot better.
How is the interior resonance with the Thundermouth compared to loudmouth? I really like the loud mouth but when cruising on the highway it's loud when it doesn't need to be and makes having conversations kind of tough.
Old 10-26-2004, 07:51 PM
12 Second Club

Good question. I've got the same one in another thread about a BorlaMouth
Old 10-27-2004, 06:20 PM
11 Second Club

Do you have headers? Cats?

Originally Posted by redbeast
I'm guessing it would be pretty close. I was thinking of buying another to see if would sound even better or close to a GMMG system.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

There is some resonance but it's not that bad IMO. I tend to have a good amount of change in the cupholder and it never rattles when I'm cruising. It's loud but not loud enough to make it hard talk. My wife never complained about interior noise at all. It even sounds better than before when driving on the highway. If your just cruising I think you'll be okay with the loudness. But when hammering the go pedal its pretty loud. Remember I didn't have a problem with the loudness just the exhaust note. My brother took a ride with me in my car and told my car sounded really good with no vibrations at all compared to his car, but he has cams, headers and one cat. I think it would be better than a dynomax bullet, but I don't know it its better than the BORLA XR-1. I only paid around 68 to 70 for my SWEET THUNDER including delivery. Good luck! Sorry the long reply.
Old 10-27-2004, 06:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Tiger2o69
Do you have headers? Cats?
Yes I do have cats and headers.