Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2004, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)

Here are my pics of my formy. TSP TD'S custom cut to have cats and o2 sensors with them. X pipe dumped before the rear axle. 18" Dynomax bullets. My car is lowered with Eibach prokit springs and has a BMR torque arm. Everything cleared with a little tweaking.
Attached Thumbnails True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)-jabariformy-006.jpg   True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)-jabariformy-004.jpg   True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)-jabariformy-005.jpg   True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)-jabariformy-013.jpg   True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)-jabariformy-012.jpg  

Old 11-12-2004, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

clearance...
Attached Thumbnails True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)-jabariformy-014.jpg   True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)-jabariformy-016.jpg  
Old 11-12-2004, 04:24 PM
10 Second Club

Damn, I thought that they had better clearance than that. I might keep what I have instead of switching to the TSPs.
Old 11-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Staging Lane

looks good man....not many lowered f-bods w/ true duals
Old 11-12-2004, 06:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F-Bodeee
looks good man....not many lowered f-bods w/ true duals
I'm gonna be installing some LGM Hypercoils, and am considering a Lanes setup. I'll have to call him next week and see what he can do. May just have get in on the GMMG gp if it won't work out well.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Let me be the first to say "Fear the Almighty SpeedBump!!!!!"
Other than that, looks great!
Old 11-12-2004, 07:25 PM
STF Veteran

Damn that looks low! It looks like you have about 1 to 2 inches of clearence under there. Be ready to hit a lot of stuff.
Old 11-12-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you kidding me?

You need to go back to the exhaust shop and have those mufflers relocated. They need to be moved in and up into the tunnel. If this is done, you'll give yourself about 3+" clearance at the mufflers..
Old 11-12-2004, 08:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

oh my! that is insane!

no way i could go for that
Old 11-12-2004, 08:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man those hang down low. Is there no way to raise them up to get more clearance?
Old 11-12-2004, 08:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
I'm gonna be installing some LGM Hypercoils, and am considering a Lanes setup. I'll have to call him next week and see what he can do. May just have get in on the GMMG gp if it won't work out well.
I have Hypercoils and the car is slammed. It's even alittle lower now that I added the QA1 shocks. The lowest part of my system is the 45* turndowns. When you talk to Lane make sure he puts the turndowns before the rear end housing and you should be able to tuck them up alittle better and they won't hit the sway bar when you jack the car up. You x-pipe should be fine but I can almost gurrantee that the bullets will hit the ground even on regular roads. It's not the real bumpy roads that are bad it's the ones with long rolling dips (if that makes sense).

If I where to go completly custom with someone like Lane (which I probrably will this winter), I would come off the headers with 3", pipe run dual cutouts, have the system step down to 2.5 before the X-pipe so the rest of the system clears everything ok. I don't know how hard it would be to do dual cutouts but it would be worth the money to do it right and have a system that can support alot of HP and not get ripped off over every bump.
Old 11-12-2004, 09:09 PM
TECH Addict

If you hit a pothole on the highway you can kiss at least one of those bullets goodbye. I hope what's left of your exhaust doesn't hit your driveshaft on the way out.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

In response to all the clearance concerns:
I live in FL, not CO. Everywhere I go is pretty much flat and smooth. I've had them on for two days now, and have already gotten used to them. Yeah, I have to alter my driving style a little (sideways over bumps, and braking a little more), but I've already gotten used to it. Yeah, the clearance is terrible, but I love the look of a lowered f-body and the sound of true duals.

Btw, the biggest thing to consider for all those potential TD's owners w/ dumps is the smell. My clothes smell like fumes w/ the windows down after driving for a half hour.

To sum it up: duals suck in a lot of ways, but I'll put up with the smell, and the clearance to be rewarded w/ performance and sound. Top end performance now is waaaaaay better.
Old 11-12-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5POINT7
In response to all the clearance concerns:
I live in FL, not CO. Everywhere I go is pretty much flat and smooth. I've had them on for two days now, and have already gotten used to them. Yeah, I have to alter my driving style a little (sideways over bumps, and braking a little more), but I've already gotten used to it. Yeah, the clearance is terrible, but I love the look of a lowered f-body and the sound of true duals.

Btw, the biggest thing to consider for all those potential TD's owners w/ dumps is the smell. My clothes smell like fumes w/ the windows down after driving for a half hour.

To sum it up: duals suck in a lot of ways, but I'll put up with the smell, and the clearance to be rewarded w/ performance and sound. Top end performance now is waaaaaay better.
I understand that you love your duals. Also you may not mind changing you driving style, but I know for a fact that you can have more clearance by repostioning the mufflers. Just my .02.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
I have Hypercoils and the car is slammed. It's even alittle lower now that I added the QA1 shocks. The lowest part of my system is the 45* turndowns. When you talk to Lane make sure he puts the turndowns before the rear end housing and you should be able to tuck them up alittle better and they won't hit the sway bar when you jack the car up. You x-pipe should be fine but I can almost gurrantee that the bullets will hit the ground even on regular roads. It's not the real bumpy roads that are bad it's the ones with long rolling dips (if that makes sense).

If I where to go completly custom with someone like Lane (which I probrably will this winter), I would come off the headers with 3", pipe run dual cutouts, have the system step down to 2.5 before the X-pipe so the rest of the system clears everything ok. I don't know how hard it would be to do dual cutouts but it would be worth the money to do it right and have a system that can support alot of HP and not get ripped off over every bump.

Lane dumps his before the rear end. I have excellent clearence on my car with the 3" exaust.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have Kook's LT with TSP TD. They dump under the car like the ones above. I got pulled over the other day cause the cop said my exhaust is to low and does not come back far enough. I am trying to come up with something so it won't change the sound but will keep me from getting a ticket.
Old 11-13-2004, 02:17 PM
12 Second Club

Those are wayyy too low. You need to relocate those mufflers man.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:06 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy pothole Batman!

Steve
Old 11-13-2004, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=5POINT7]
QUOTE]

Oh if only they put that smell into a CK bottle they'd make milllions...CHICKS DIG IT!!!
Old 11-13-2004, 07:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree I need to relocate the mufflers, but where? I watched the guy that put them on and he tucked them as best as he could. Any ideas on where they should go?

Quick Reply: True Duals X-pipe dumped on slammed f-body*PICS* (56k Take a nap)