Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ported TB - who's is best?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ported TB - who's is best?

I want to buy a ported TB for my H/C LS1. Who sells the nicest one out there?
Old 12-18-2004, 08:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They're all the same-no BS. Just choose one...
Old 12-18-2004, 09:28 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

I got mine from Scott Jantzer. He does one hell of a job, really nice work, getting my money back for the core charge took a little longer than I would of liked. Other than that the price is great and the turn around time was fast.
Old 12-18-2004, 09:46 PM
TECH Addict

I agree with both statements. There is only so much you can do to a T/B that there really is no difference in overall performance. If I were to buy one from a sponcer it would be from Jantzer- I do my own though.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:08 PM
12 Second Club

I got a Shaner S3. Gained 8 rwhp and 10 rwtq with only other mods being lid and exhaust on my 01. But really Id go with whatever you get the best deal on... Like has been said.. there is only so much you can do when porting a TB. After that youll have to go with an actually larger TB (ie- 90mm or something like that) to get anymore flow.

FWIW, I got my TB quickly, within a week or so, and then got my core charge back within a week of shipping out my stock TB. Very quick and easy to deal with.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Bo White
I agree with both statements. There is only so much you can do to a T/B that there really is no difference in overall performance. If I were to buy one from a sponcer it would be from Jantzer- I do my own though.
I agree with Bo. Performance wise, they're all the same. If I was going to buy one, it'd be from Shaner, but thats only cuz he's 15 mins away from my house. But like Bo, I do my own as well. Still have that glossy mirror finish and all
Old 12-19-2004, 12:01 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9camaross8
I got mine from Scott Jantzer. He does one hell of a job, really nice work
Old 12-19-2004, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

My Bauer ported throttlebody has performed great...........I wouldn't hesitate to recommend his work.
Old 12-19-2004, 03:21 AM
On The Tree

the one that works best is the one you do urself for free, or send it to a freind on here that will do it for 15$ + shipping.. i know i would, nothing to it, and it feels rewarding to do it urself man!
Old 12-19-2004, 08:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My home ported one!

All these posts about "research" and difference in HP between ported TB are funny. Not matter how many "versions" you dream up about it, there's only so much you can do with same cast piece. All the aftermarket porters do roughly the same thing.

IMO, pick your favorite sponsor, order their TB. Most of our sponsors can get you a good performing ported TB for cheap >>-->
Old 12-19-2004, 02:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You could have any machine shop weld one up a few areas of a unit and then have them over-bore it. I've bored factory units to 80mm after welding. You can get 78mm out of them w/o adding any material, or you could probably reach 85mm with a little welding in the right areas. The weld is stronger than casting material, so there's no strength compromise. It just depends on what you want out of a throttle body. All bling and some zing (after-market 75mm), some zing and no bling (ported factory 75mm), a little of both (ported/polished and coated/polished outside), or a lot of both (after-market larger billet, or bored/CNCed and coated/polished factory). MANY options.

If you aren't in a complete rush to nail something down, we'll be up and running, and a proud LS1Tech sponser in a month or so. Whatever your plans, good luck!
Old 12-19-2004, 05:44 PM
TECH Regular

I have an AP throttle body. Guy in my club does them real cheap. Awesome quality too.
Old 12-19-2004, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NoseUp
You could have any machine shop weld one up a few areas of a unit and then have them over-bore it. I've bored factory units to 80mm after welding. You can get 78mm out of them w/o adding any material, or you could probably reach 85mm with a little welding in the right areas. The weld is stronger than casting material, so there's no strength compromise. It just depends on what you want out of a throttle body. All bling and some zing (after-market 75mm), some zing and no bling (ported factory 75mm), a little of both (ported/polished and coated/polished outside), or a lot of both (after-market larger billet, or bored/CNCed and coated/polished factory). MANY options.

If you aren't in a complete rush to nail something down, we'll be up and running, and a proud LS1Tech sponser in a month or so. Whatever your plans, good luck!
what he said.