Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ok, I have a question and need an answer...

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ok, I have a question and need an answer...

I bought my car used and the previous owner put a Magnaflow muffler on it. I am wanting to go back to stock and I am pretty sure it had the SLP loudmouth exhaust on it.

Now my question is, if I just buy this Resonator: http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...66&BIG=31066-1
Could I just put in place of the Magnaflow muffler? I am sure the y-pipe and rest of the pipes were not changed.

Let me know, Thanks.
Old 02-27-2005, 04:44 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how do you know if had LM if you bought the car used
Old 02-27-2005, 04:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jrp
how do you know if had LM if you bought the car used
The paperwork that came with it said it did. But nevermind I answered my own question. Thanks though.
Old 02-27-2005, 11:39 PM
TECH Resident

If you want to go back to stock, I can assure you the LM is not the exhaust you are looking for. There is no way the LM was an option for ANY Camaro. You may be thinking of the SLP dual/dual exhaust.

To answer your question though, no you can't just buy the resonator, cause it doesn't go in place of the muffler, it is actually in the i-pipe.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:32 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kpowr82
If you want to go back to stock, I can assure you the LM is not the exhaust you are looking for. There is no way the LM was an option for ANY Camaro. You may be thinking of the SLP dual/dual exhaust.

To answer your question though, no you can't just buy the resonator, cause it doesn't go in place of the muffler, it is actually in the i-pipe.
to go back stock put the dual/dual on it, if your changing it up because its to loud for you now the loudmouth is louder then the magnaflow is so dont go that route.
Old 02-28-2005, 06:21 PM
On The Tree

I'm sure your right, thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
to go back stock put the dual/dual on it, if your changing it up because its to loud for you now the loudmouth is louder then the magnaflow is so dont go that route.
I want to change because the Magnaflow is to quiet. I want a system that sounds good while idle and when I get on it! I have listened to the clips on LS1sounds.com and like the loudmouth.

Thanks guys!
Old 02-28-2005, 11:33 PM
TECH Resident

I loved my Loudmouth before the headers and ORY. It sounded great at idle, and killer at WOT. After headers and ORY though, it was just way too raspy. If you want loud and beautiful regardless of your setup, go with a custom fabbed 2.5"/3" true dual setup. You will not regret it.
Old 02-28-2005, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

BTW, great looking car and congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the site.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

BTW, great looking car and congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the site.
Thanks!
Old 03-01-2005, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

if its sound what you want get a big cam in there with open headers...lol... heheheheheh