Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth or Hooker?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loudmouth or Hooker?

I had a Flowmaster and really liked the sound want to try something different that will give me more power. Which one should I get Loudmouth or Hooker? Thanks
Old 03-17-2005, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If your going to get headers in the future i would say hooker. Sound is AWESOME. But w/o headers it is way to quiet for me. Loudmouth is exactly what you would expect, really loud, great flow, probably produce the best numbers.
Old 03-17-2005, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

with lt's, hooker all the way man!!!! w/o, either will sound pretty mean
Old 03-17-2005, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

well, form experience, i have a loudmouth and sounded great until i got lt'z. even with cats, i think the sound just got, though my z now sounds like a full blow race car, my interpretation is of a funny car!!! or PRo street monster....its crazy!!!!

im now in the process of swaping the reso for a muffler, im leaning towards the hooker aerochamber, but im still undecided...
Old 03-18-2005, 06:53 AM
Staging Lane

Thank you, I am going to go with the Loudmouth then. I will not be getting LT's. Im going to pick it up today.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have stock manifolds and Y-pipe and have had both the Loudmouth and the Hooker now. My car came with the Loudmouth on it and I took it off and went with the Hooker. The Loudmouth has a good amount of drone and rasp during daily driving. The hooker does not. I plan on doing LT's soon, so Loudmouth wasn't really an option for me. Hooker still makes plenty of power and IMO looks better too.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by obZidian
well, form experience, i have a loudmouth and sounded great until i got lt'z. even with cats, i think the sound just got, though my z now sounds like a full blow race car, my interpretation is of a funny car!!! or PRo street monster....its crazy!!!!

im now in the process of swaping the reso for a muffler, im leaning towards the hooker aerochamber, but im still undecided...
obZidian, try the SpinTech spiralflow muffler. You can find it in jegs or summit, and it only cost about 35 bucks. BEST of all, is that it is exactly the same diminsions as the resonator on the loud mouth, so no clearance problems. Yet it is still very high flow, and gets rid of any raspy sound.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:33 PM
Launching!

I wouldn't get both… then you would have a loudmouth-Hooker ; )
Old 03-19-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Regular

What model of muffler comes in the hooker cat back? Is it the aero-chamber or something else? Looking to de-rasp my borla by changing mufflers but I still need something that flows really well. Not sure how good an aero chamber flows.
Old 03-20-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vortech5300
What model of muffler comes in the hooker cat back? Is it the aero-chamber or something else? Looking to de-rasp my borla by changing mufflers but I still need something that flows really well. Not sure how good an aero chamber flows.
It comes with the Aero Chamber, and it flows extremely well
Old 03-20-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Heres a few sound clips of my Hooker. Keep in mind this is head/cam through headers and offroad Y, where other catbacks get VERY raspy.
http://www.lsuxblake.com/vidcam.avi
http://www.lsuxblake.com/vids%20001.avi

IMO there is no catback that can compare once you take your cats off.
The Aerochamber muffler (which is what comes in the catback) does flow extremely well, i believe its advertised as the highest flowing of the chambered mufflers.