Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lowered cars with TD INSIDE NOW!!!...please

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowered cars with TD INSIDE NOW!!!...please

sup....i just ordered the eldelbrock 1.8 lowering springs and next weeks check is goin toward jet-hot headers and tsp true duals....am i gonna have any clearance issues with the TD's?
Old 05-12-2005, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you drive on perfectly paved roads with no bumps, pot holes, or speed bumps.....then no you won't have any problems. I personally live in an area with not-so-perfect roads. I am very careful with my LT's and catback when driving around town. Just use common sense and compensate for the lowered car and exhaust. My springs lower the car about 1.5". My exhaust hangs quite low also. Just BE CAREFUL!

Andy
Old 05-12-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 0fbody0
If you drive on perfectly paved roads with no bumps, pot holes, or speed bumps.....then no you won't have any problems. I personally live in an area with not-so-perfect roads. I am very careful with my LT's and catback when driving around town. Just use common sense and compensate for the lowered car and exhaust. My springs lower the car about 1.5". My exhaust hangs quite low also. Just BE CAREFUL!

Andy

Phili, not so perfect roads lol thats putting it lightly probably going to scrape speedbumps ect but you can try to avoid that kind of stuff
Old 05-12-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SVThis
sup....i just ordered the eldelbrock 1.8 lowering springs and next weeks check is goin toward jet-hot headers and tsp true duals....am i gonna have any clearance issues with the TD's?

Here you go dude. I have an update on my car now. It has been lowered 1.5". My car very rarely scrapes and when it does its the x that hits. I have redone part of the system and now the driver side that is usually the lowest part of the system is tucked very high. I used a hammer and beat in the underside of the car where the pipe usually bangs to get the pipe higher. On a stock ride height car my system would be as good a stock.

If you like mine I will sell it for 350 shipped and just build me another one just like it.

Look at this link -------> HERE
Old 05-12-2005, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had 3" duals and lowered 1" and it sucked. I would scrape everything, I am now back to y-pipe and dual cutouts. My duals weren't made very well though. I probably could have gotten another 1" of clearence if they were made a little better.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:20 AM
11 Second Club

I see no problem w/ lowered cars and true duals. U will scrape time to time, but if u can live w/ it, it is not that bad. I have heard some major horror stories about lowered cars and TD's. I have Eibach Sportlines in my 1999 Z (about 2 in. of drop) and I have scraped here and there. Roads aren't terrible where i'm from but they are not that great either. Just avoid speed bumps at all costs. I have never ran into one that I had to go over, YET!!. Even so, I think I might be alright. Here are some pics, Pacesetter Long tubes w/ TSP duals. I have some pics, if u search, u will find them. I'm getting all new pics of the TD's in the next few days so I will have some really nice ones to show u guys.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rarely....very rarely scraped with my 3" true duals on 1.6 inch drop on my old Formula.

Just drive like a sane person and you'll be fine.
Attached Thumbnails lowered cars with TD INSIDE NOW!!!...please-sweetthunderclearance.jpg  
Old 05-13-2005, 04:31 AM
TECH Regular

i have a 1.25 drop and a 2.5x and rarely scrape...only on speed bumps. i also have slp headers so ground clearence is not so good obviously. DAMN SLP'S!!!!!!!!!!! its also about 3.75"-4" of clearence at the beginning of the x merge
Old 05-13-2005, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think it mainly depends on the driver, some people know how to maneuver driveways and speed bumps better than others!