Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new headers not threaded

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy new headers not threaded

I'm right in the middle of swapping out my headers for edelbrock shorties. I didn't know until now that the stock headers are threaded where they meet the collector pipe. The new ones are not threaded. what are my options? I'm assuming i'll be needing to make a trip to the hardware store but i have no clue what type of bolt and nut to get? anyone run into this that can help? the car is on jacks right now and i'll be putting the headers on while i wait for a reply
Old 06-11-2005, 03:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I've got LT headers and don't recall anything being threaded, or needing to be threaded. Call be stupid, but where exactly is the collector pipe?
Old 06-11-2005, 04:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by f16z28
I'm right in the middle of swapping out my headers for edelbrock shorties. I didn't know until now that the stock headers are threaded where they meet the collector pipe. The new ones are not threaded. what are my options? I'm assuming i'll be needing to make a trip to the hardware store but i have no clue what type of bolt and nut to get? anyone run into this that can help? the car is on jacks right now and i'll be putting the headers on while i wait for a reply
Just get a shoulder bolt that is long enough and a nut to fit. Make sure the bolt fits through the slit aswell. Also, you are going to kick yourself for not getting atleast midlengths.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:06 PM
12 Second Club

True.
Old 06-11-2005, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TNorman
Just get a shoulder bolt that is long enough and a nut to fit. Make sure the bolt fits through the slit aswell. Also, you are going to kick yourself for not getting atleast midlengths.
He's in Cali... not much option out there if he wants to remain emissions legal.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:19 PM
Teching In

Talking

im stuck with shorties in california. the collector is the tube inbetween the headers and the y pipe. if you have long tube headers this part was removed. it also held the stock cats. prob solved though, got some hardware from the local shop and everything went together smooth
Old 06-12-2005, 02:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ah, emissions. I forget about that since where I am we don't have inspections for the time being. Glad you got it to work.
Old 06-12-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Emmisions