Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my pacesetters today...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Got my pacesetters today...PICS UP NOW

but im not to sure if these are the right ones. Maybe I can get some responses from 01 and 02 owners or anybody PLEASE INFORM ME. I have an 02 TA, and I had ordered the 2000 to 2002 pacesetter headers, the original version, not the race version.

On the passenger side header, their are two inlets,
driver side, their is one inlet on the top of the headers.

Are these the right ones, or should they only have one inlet on the passenger side header since it is an 02.

The kit does come with a block off plate for the third one, but to my understanding this is the old version that they had from when they first started and the new version doesnt have that. Is that correct?

Thanks for your time fellas
Attached Thumbnails Got my pacesetters today...-welds.jpg  

Last edited by SLIKWS6; 08-31-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have an 02 SS and my Pacesetters have a similar settup. The back tube has a block off plate. It was like that when I bought it, you may need to fab your own plate and just make a gasket.
Attached Thumbnails Got my pacesetters today...-hedderportgif.gif   Got my pacesetters today...-hedderport2gif.gif  
Old 08-31-2005, 05:52 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

That's how mine is set up. I put mine on 1 1/2 weeks ago. A block off plate was included for the EGR, but I hooked it up , since I have a 2000. The EGR is the one on the pass side that faces toward the front, if I remember correctly. Anyway, when you start matching gaskets you will see that the EGR is a little larger than the AIR connections.
If you don't have access to a lift, get a good jack. You will need to get those front wheels off the ground 4 or 5" higher than Rhino Ramps.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for your time guys, I appreciate the pictures too.

ss02Camaro, the main reason I asked was because of the problem you had stated in your new thread. Its nice that youll get a new piece but its just something I dont think I would want to deal with later on if it did come down to it. I just see no point in pacesetter taking the time to drill a hole and making another air inlet tube with bad welds to it.

Hey thanks fellas
Old 08-31-2005, 06:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by gwj
That's how mine is set up. I put mine on 1 1/2 weeks ago. A block off plate was included for the EGR, but I hooked it up , since I have a 2000. The EGR is the one on the pass side that faces toward the front, if I remember correctly. Anyway, when you start matching gaskets you will see that the EGR is a little larger than the AIR connections.
If you don't have access to a lift, get a good jack. You will need to get those front wheels off the ground 4 or 5" higher than Rhino Ramps.
See so you have a 2000, therefore yours should be like that.

Thanks for the extra tips too.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Check this picture out, it doesnt have that inlet on the third tube of the passenger header, but it has the others otherwise showing its not a race header. Just more for others to future reference off of.

Maybe you guys can tell me more
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
zzzzz.bmp (72.1 KB, 50 views)
Old 08-31-2005, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SLIKWS6
thanks for your time guys, I appreciate the pictures too.

ss02Camaro, the main reason I asked was because of the problem you had stated in your new thread. Its nice that youll get a new piece but its just something I dont think I would want to deal with later on if it did come down to it. I just see no point in pacesetter taking the time to drill a hole and making another air inlet tube with bad welds to it.

Hey thanks fellas
I think you misunderstand the point of my thread, it was to show that Pacesetter takes care of their customers. My problem is the only time I have ever seen this happen. Dont be discouraged by my bad luck, ALOT of f bodies use Pacesetters and never have any problems!
Old 08-31-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here are mine, for 99. You should only have to block off the EGR to get them to work. Do this before installing them, it will be much easier.

Passenger:

Driver:

Old 08-31-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey thanks for the post Ferocity, great pics. Im definately not discouraged or anything and I dont want to say you get what you pay for, because I have read so many good things about this product, and will just have to see what happens.

Your pics are great, and the welds on the outside of yours are freakin sweet compared to mine, mine are like spot welded on the outside. Their done on the inside too which is most important and grinded. But the outside, i dont know... Ill see if I can get a camera and post some pics.

Your Coat looks great also, these are kinda dull for being brand new.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Picture posted of welds
Old 09-01-2005, 01:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was suprised how nice they were when I got them. Price 90% of the time has a direct correlation with quality. However some companies can afford the machinery to make quality products cheaply and efficiently. Pacesetter are by no means the best LT out there, but they are hard to beat for the price. My coating has dulled a lot over time. I am starting to get a little rust on the collectors from driving in the rain. But now that it's dry there is no more rusting.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

What do you think about these welds?