Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking to do an exhaust build-up

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2005, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking to do an exhaust build-up

I just stumbled accross some spare cash and was looking into putting headers and exhaust back on my car. This is the setup I am wanting. I want a nice sound not crazy *** loud and not stock quite but right about in between with a deep growl that lets people know you are packing. I was thinking about going Coated-Pacesetters with ory into a hooker cat-back. Now would this setup produce alot of droan inside the car because I like my inside quite while the outside has some bark to it.
I have to drive 80 miles to and from work everyday and crazy loud **** will get annoying. I am not looking for maximum power out of everything but I think this will be a decent setup. I am limited to about $1,200 bucks so that is the best setup I could come up with.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that setup will give you the sound ur lookin for as well as some extra ponies. I hear hookers have a nice deep rumble to em.Havent ever had a hooker before but when i ran LTs, ory, and a borla w/ the plate wide open my car never really had a drone to it on the highway at 80-90mph speeds. I think u'll be alright
Old 09-21-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm runnung lt's and a ory W/ the hooker cat back I love the sound, if your just crusing in 5th or 6th its quiet but WOT will let people know what's up.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:01 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You sound like the perfect candidate for a set of longtubes of your choice, and ORY, and a Hooker cat-back. It will be fairly mellow cruising, but at WOT, it roars.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by *98Formula*
I just stumbled accross some spare cash and was looking into putting headers and exhaust back on my car. This is the setup I am wanting. I want a nice sound not crazy *** loud and not stock quite but right about in between with a deep growl that lets people know you are packing. I was thinking about going Coated-Pacesetters with ory into a hooker cat-back. Now would this setup produce alot of droan inside the car because I like my inside quite while the outside has some bark to it.
I have to drive 80 miles to and from work everyday and crazy loud **** will get annoying. I am not looking for maximum power out of everything but I think this will be a decent setup. I am limited to about $1,200 bucks so that is the best setup I could come up with.
With $1200 you could get pacesetters and y-pipe off ebay for $300 shipped, and get the TSP true duals for 4 something, and still have some left to play with.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:47 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AntiVenom06
With $1200 you could get pacesetters and y-pipe off ebay for $300 shipped, and get the TSP true duals for 4 something, and still have some left to play with.
He said he didn't want crazy *** loud...the TSP duals would qualify as crazy *** loud.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:11 PM
12 Second Club

Hahaha. Look into the Magnaflow catback as another candidate for quiet/loud when you want it catbacks.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Pacesetter LT........True duals are too loud for what you are looking for. Go with the Pacesetter LT's but a quiter exhaust. You could go stock with a cutout. That would control the noise lol. but you probably want a better actualy exhaust. In my own personal opinion. TSP Rumbler would be great. I love that exhaust. I got the true duals now so I know how loud they are. I got just LT's and duals. TOO loud.....But rumbler is less of a noise level than the duals. Check it out on LS1sounds.com
Old 10-03-2005, 08:40 PM
On The Tree

I agree with the hooker, pacesetter combo. Heard Hooker for the first time IN PERSON and it sounded great, I like how it sounds at idle and WOT.