Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QTP LT Headers - Good or Not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 05:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QTP LT Headers - Good or Not?

Need some input on QTP Headers. Thinking about buying some. How good are they, and how hard to install on 02 LS1? What kind of HP gains with just bolt-ons?
Old 09-22-2005, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was looking at those too, but damn...the price! I'm gonna go with Pacesetter coateds. But yeah, qtp, flp, and kooks are all supposed to be the best you can get in terms of quality.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

there great, install is simple, got them on my car...if clearence is what your going for though, i'd say you might want to look into some kooks...there Y fits better...if i had to do it over again i'd go with kooks...but QTP are good too...you really cant loose either way...but if your car is lowered i'd say kooks..

Jon
Old 09-22-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Resident

They are not good at all. They are the best! No other header makes more power. Im refering to the HVMC Header though. And the y pipe flows better than any others. Mine tucks up great and fits just fine. Never have to worry about rust in 3 months after you get them.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Order 66
They are not good at all. They are the best! No other header makes more power. Im refering to the HVMC Header though. And the y pipe flows better than any others. Mine tucks up great and fits just fine. Never have to worry about rust in 3 months after you get them.
No rust in 3 months....woah!!!11

Do you maybe have any pics of the y-pipe clearance, because I heard they don't have good clearance at all when compared to others. Kinda sucks because they look like top quality goods.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:23 PM
TECH Resident

The headers are BAD ***!!! I installed them this weekend and if we got the car high enough, of the left side, it would have saved several hours. Right side goes right in. Y-pipe is a PITA, but, I suggest test fitting all the pipes together, and make sure they slide all the way into each other. If I had made sure of this, I wouldn' t have had the fitment issues I do. You may have to take them to a muffler shop to have the ends opened up, but, it should get in there okay. Right now I have 3.5" of clearance to the driver' s side cat. That' s about all I think I can get.

Headers are the sheet though
Old 09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
11 Second Club

best damn headers ever! ..love mine..
Old 09-22-2005, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I was looking to buy LT Headers, I did not want to spend $1,200 on a set. I purchased the JetHot Coated Hooker LT's. Needless to say, the coating flaked off and the AIR Tube weld failed. I had to send them back to JetHot to get them repaired and recoated. I sold them after that. I bought The QTP's and what a work of art. They seal much better than the Hooker's. Being stainless, no coating is needed and I have no rust. They fit better and the weld are damn near perfect. Get the right header the first time...................QTP.