Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed the Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2005, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just installed the Corsa

I just finished up installing my Corsa yesterday and am still getting used to it. So far, I LOVE it. I'm running it with Pacesetter 'race-style' long tubes and an ORY. I was running a dumped Moroso SpiralFlow right off the y-pipe, and the Corsa isn't that much quieter. It sounds deeper than I had expected, and it sounds very smooth and punchy. I like how it winds down faster when you rev it up, reminds me of an exotic car. Very unique, not over the top, yet still nasty enough to be intimidating.

And those tips...Good Lord. I have the Premium Pro tips and they are straight up magical. They look perfect on my car. I have a black Z, no badges, with chrome SS 10-spokes, black billet grille, and stainless rear inserts, so it sets it all off perfectly.

I love it.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:44 PM
11 Second Club

I got Corsa as well with the premium pro series tips, I get so many compliments on them. And the sound at WOT is awesome, especially if you cam it and run long tube headders.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

The cam is next...haven't decided which one yet. I've gotten compliments without even backing it out of the garage...haha.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talk to FMS or TSP about your cam....they'll do you right
Old 09-24-2005, 04:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Big fan of the Corsa here as well. Get compliments on the sound and looks of the tips all the time.

I was curious though, I have the stock exhaust manifolds - I wonder how much louder it would get if I added long-tubes? I want the added performance but I like to be able to cruise and not have to shout in the car.....
Old 09-24-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shudog
Big fan of the Corsa here as well. Get compliments on the sound and looks of the tips all the time.

I was curious though, I have the stock exhaust manifolds - I wonder how much louder it would get if I added long-tubes? I want the added performance but I like to be able to cruise and not have to shout in the car.....
It's loud, but not unbearable. Would you keep it catted? If you do, it'll be a little quieter. I've been in a few cars with Corsa/longtubes and you can definitely still talk over it. It's only loud when you're on it, naturally. I don't know if mine is 100% broken in yet, but it's not too bad @ cruise.
Old 09-24-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Raspy at all with no cats?
Old 09-24-2005, 04:43 PM
On The Tree

Mine is raspy as all hell from 2600-2900, very annoying, sounds perfect everywhere else though. I don't know what to do. I have a bullet in the I pipe, no cats. Absolutely sickening at WOT though, sounds like a full on drag car!
Old 09-24-2005, 08:03 PM
11 Second Club

I had almost no resonance at all when i didn't have cats on. And the sound at WOT is like nothing else i've heard before
Old 09-25-2005, 12:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Adrian87GN
Mine is raspy as all hell from 2600-2900, very annoying, sounds perfect everywhere else though. I don't know what to do. I have a bullet in the I pipe, no cats. Absolutely sickening at WOT though, sounds like a full on drag car!
Switch the bullet with a Borla XR1 or Moroso SpiralFlow. I have one on reserve in case I feel the same way.