Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP LoudMouth

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP LoudMouth

Hey, i was curious what are the performance gain numbers on the SLP Loudmouth cat back exhaust systems? Let me know on any comments or feedback anyone has with this system. I have heard few clips and i like the tone and what not anything else comes ot mind, that is deep and rumbley that is on ls1sounds.com that i can hear there?

Last edited by carguy1985; 10-07-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I HAVE had mine for approx 1 month and i love it definatly good investemnt
Old 10-07-2005, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

if you're planning on buying LT's in the future, I would consider a different catback.

if you want loud, get LT's and a cutout. that's what I did.. LOUD it is
Old 10-07-2005, 11:10 PM
12 Second Club

Same here, had mine for a couple of weeks and I love it. I went from an open cutout with no cats to random tech cats and loudmouth, so I didn't really see a gain. If you're lookin for a free flowin exhaust, it don't get much better. Except for true duals, of course.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:41 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

now is this the loudmouth I or II?
I had the one and it was off the hook loud...it popped under high rpms of throttle release, but that was the only complaint. but that was the only mod at the time.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
now is this the loudmouth I or II?
I had the one and it was off the hook loud...it popped under high rpms of throttle release, but that was the only complaint. but that was the only mod at the time.
I think you can only get the LM II now, unless you find an original on Ebay or something. I've had mine for two years and I love it. Defintely worth it, and good for 10-15 HP. I added the SLP LT's and HF cats last year, and the combination kicks ***. At WOT, it sounds like your on a NASCAR track. I never get tired of the sound of the LS1 winding out even on partial throttle. I especially love the pops after throttle release; sounds wicked

I installed the 85mm MAF plus SLP cai and Lid at the same time, and even if your budget doesn't allow it now, you can do a number of similar free mods to increase intake flow. That'll help you get the most out of the new exhaust.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

..one more thing. The SLP LT's hang lower than any other headers I've seen. The collectors are fully below the floorboard. (Check out the pics) So while these are awesome for power and looks (still look as good as the day I put them on), they are not well suited for lowered cars...
Attached Thumbnails SLP LoudMouth-slp_lts_and_hf_cats.jpg   SLP LoudMouth-slp_lts_and_hf_cats_and_loudmouth.jpg  
Old 10-08-2005, 12:42 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

I did not know that they actually stopped production on the loudmouth I.
It was basically a glasspack/wider ribbed straight pipe.
Old 10-08-2005, 12:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You're right... I was just on the SLP web site, and they still sell it. If I had it to do over again, I'd still get the regular LM. You can see a pic of the single I-pipe with resonator in the pic above, but obviously the LM Y is gone. I want to switch to true duals, and I was thinking of having second I-pipe custom bent, and sticking the LM II resonator on it. If it's different, I'll probably have to get two LM II resonators so the back pressure is the same on both sides.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:14 AM
TECH Regular

Never dyno'd mine, but I could feel a difference and no dissapointments. It even gurgles/pops when downshifting(A4). Sounds tight. Can't wait to hear it with LT's.

The only thing that sucks with an A4 and a LMII is at lower RPM's it's pretty tame(which is probably good if you do highway driving). Maybe headers will change that.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:02 AM
12 Second Club

I love mine but I had to weld in a borla XR-1 to quiet the rasp down after my LT install.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

Loudmouth I is just pipes and a resinator to make the sound, Loudmouth II is a muffler to give you a rumble but not to loud of a sound. I gained .3 on my 1/4 time after LM was installed.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:58 PM
Teching In

anyone have any clips of there ls1s with stock Y and stock, manifolds with the Loudmouth cat back installed? private messege me and ill give you my email so you can send it to me or send it over AIM, MSN, or Yahoo... =) i have them all
Old 10-09-2005, 05:22 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

When I had my Loudmouth I, it was being run on stock manifolds and 226/222 cam. sounded pretty good. rasp was disgusting at like 4000+ though.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by carguy1985
anyone have any clips of there ls1s with stock Y and stock, manifolds with the Loudmouth cat back installed? private messege me and ill give you my email so you can send it to me or send it over AIM, MSN, or Yahoo... =) i have them all
go to: http://ls1sounds.com to hear just about any combination you can think of...
Old 10-10-2005, 05:55 PM
Teching In

i know i went there but no really good, LM2 clips.
Old 10-11-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry...

I had a stock manifold with the Loudmouth for a year before I added the LTs. They didn't sound too different without the LT's until about 4K rpm; now the Loudmouth screams. If you tack it up to redline under a bridge or in a tunnel......it will hurt you! I've always loved the sound of the LM, and I have a convertible. With a hard top or T-top, you should be fine for volume. I've found there is a little rasp, but it's not at 4 grand (I have a Predator tune and stock cam, maybe that's the dif). It's more like between 3000 and 3500 when shifting up. I never hear anything but autmotive music when it's downshifting (very throaty with pops coming off WOT or a good % of partial throttle). But I spend so little time in that range, and a lot more time below and above. I have people come up to me all the time and ask what exhaust system I have...
Old 10-11-2005, 06:54 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

Actually the resonator is a hollow tube. No glass, no guts, not anything. A 3" system that necks down to the factory 2 3/4" Y pipe outlet.
I can't tell you how much RWHP you gain, but it's for sure free flowing.
As mentioned, at the time there weren't many "low budget " catbacks available. Mine was hacked many times until I put the Borla XR1 in place of the resonator, to give me something I could be happy with.
If the Hooker catback was available at the time, I probably would have went with it.
Old 10-11-2005, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I run FLP LT's with Cats and the LM I and I love it. It's crazy loud at WOT and it's louder than stock at normal highway cruzing. I found that the residence at 75 was almost unbarrable in my car, but if I went 1 mph faster or slower, then it went away.

BTW, I luv the gurgle and pops when I down shift. Sounds just like the C6R
Old 10-11-2005, 10:43 PM
TECH Regular

I have a LMI my 99Z with manifolds and love it. Sounds like a friend of mine's 2000 vette with a Borla stinger exhaust. It sounds wicked, but I like my cars loud.