Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys are either deaf...or liars

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2005, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default You guys are either deaf...or liars

I have been reading for months about which muffler to swap in place of the resonator on my LM catback. Long story short, I decided on a Sweet Thunder muffler as people were posting it was quieter, sounded much better and deeper etc... Not only is it just as loud, the quality of sound isn't much better. I'm just dissapointed that after spending money for this setup, it sounds exactly the same as I started with.

Back to my original point - maybe Sweet Thunders sound great on a True Dual setup, but stay away from swapping them in place of the LM resonator.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Staging Lane

I'm just wondering, what is your whole setup?

And don't be disgusted when someone takes time out of their free time to help you.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:33 AM
12 Second Club

didnt ya check ls1sound.com????

fuerzaws6
Old 10-29-2005, 11:47 AM
TECH Regular

sorry to hear that it is not working for you, but there are plenty of posts on this board saying that the LM setup does not sound very good in the first place. Hope you can find something that makes it sound better. I don't have any experience with the LM setup so I can't help you out. Good luck though.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would never advise someone to run that muffler. What you are gonna need to completely change the sound of your LM is one of 2 things.

You can buy a Borla XR-1 muffler and put in its place (best option), or put a Moroso spiral flow muffler in its place. The Moroso will be more refined and quieter but it wont flow like the XR-1.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

LOL...The sweet thunder is one loud sucker if you ask me!!! I had them on a dual setup and them bad boys were loud, Sounded Awesome though.

Stinks when you spend money on exhaust and still don't like it...

I've changed my exhuast probably 15 times in the last year and still now satisfied??? Not real sure what i'm going to do now..

Good Luck!
Old 10-29-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

sound is a VERY subjective thing......its not fair to say everyone is a liar just because they like a certain sound and you dont.

that being said i think you can put whatever muffler you want on a loudmouth and its still gonna be loud.
Old 10-29-2005, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

your an idiot if your getting advice on a subjective manner(such as exhaust sound) without hearing it in person..take responsibility for your own actions asshat.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

honestly, I've never heard anyone say that the sweet thunder was quieter, its definately not! When I had a LM, I relpaced the resonator with a moroso spiral flow, and it sounded pretty damn good. It was cheap too!
Old 10-29-2005, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
your an idiot if your getting advice on a subjective manner(such as exhaust sound) without hearing it in person..take responsibility for your own actions asshat.
You're awesome!

I obviously didn't hear it in person...its very hard to find someone that has the exact same setup as your own car, within driving distance. As far as LS1Sounds goes, they don't have any clips of that particular setup, only true duals with Sweet Thunders. As anyone who has been on that site knows, it is/can be very helpful. However, 20 different cameras with 20 different people recording the same car will yeild an unlimited number of different sounds.

Bottom line - this thread is aimed specifically at people in my situation, and I am recommending a different muffler other than Sweet Thunder
Old 10-29-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

What is your situation? Are you replacing the resonator or did you put
LT's on? A little more info and a little less hostility would go a long way
Old 10-29-2005, 05:25 PM
10 Second Club

What made you get a loudmouth in the first place?
Old 10-29-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson

Old 10-29-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AbsolutHank
You're awesome!

I obviously didn't hear it in person...its very hard to find someone that has the exact same setup as your own car, within driving distance. As far as LS1Sounds goes, they don't have any clips of that particular setup, only true duals with Sweet Thunders. As anyone who has been on that site knows, it is/can be very helpful. However, 20 different cameras with 20 different people recording the same car will yeild an unlimited number of different sounds.

Bottom line - this thread is aimed specifically at people in my situation, and I am recommending a different muffler other than Sweet Thunder
i thoought the thread was aimed at you insulting people. you listened to people on the internet about a sound THEY like..and you don't and then you say they are deaf or liars?
Old 10-29-2005, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

how about this???

both your cars are slow and sound shitty.

why argue back and forth about something like this? you won't agree so theres no point.

quit bitchin...
Old 10-29-2005, 08:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by JoeyAnderson
Previous owner installed it 2 months before I bought the car...

Let me start by saying I'm not an idiot, asshat or ungrateful newbie as some of you seem to think. I realize that exhaust tone is completely subjective. However, volume and overall loudness are not...it is either louder or quieter than the LM. I was led to believe it was noticeably quieter...and in fact its not. In my opinion, the sound quality isn't much better either, but thats not really the issue here.
Old 10-29-2005, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Well u tried it dont like it, so ****** change! Find exhuast that u personally like is a hit and miss thing! Lots of people love flowmasters around here, i find them to be way restrictive and dont sound all that good! But i put them on and i gotta listen to them until my aero chambers come in! I know its sucks driving around with something u dont like, but thats how it goes! So get over it dont come on here bitchin and moaning saying its other peoples fault!
Old 10-29-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Lurch84
Well u tried it dont like it, so ****** change! Find exhuast that u personally like is a hit and miss thing! Lots of people love flowmasters around here, i find them to be way restrictive and dont sound all that good! But i put them on and i gotta listen to them until my aero chambers come in! I know its sucks driving around with something u dont like, but thats how it goes! So get over it dont come on here bitchin and moaning saying its other peoples fault!
I'm just responding to other posts buddy...after the first post, I was done with the bitching. I guess I'll quit replying to the thread so everyone can assume I'm done bitching and moaning.

This whole setup will be in the For Sale section later this week...along with the Megs Dual/Dual Tips welded on...anyone interested?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

loudmouth sounds good on stock set up...after that good luck...i put it on as my first catback before LT's and cam and ory...if i would have known i would have went a different route. this is a very expensive hobby in my opinion so we just gotta suck it up
Old 10-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Teching In

sent pm