Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPIS 90mm TB

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TPIS 90mm TB

Anyone have it? I haven't heard much about it and there's nothing coming up in the searches, so I'm just wondering. Are these all oval or do they make circular ones also?
Old 01-29-2006, 10:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

They make 2 different 90mm TB's. The oval one for the modified LS6 intake and one for the FAST/LS2 Intake.

Last edited by WILWAXU; 01-29-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ok, I'm looking for info on the 90mm FAST intake version
Old 01-30-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Someone has to have this on their car.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:47 PM
11 Second Club

i have it. its ok. it barely barely sticks every once in a while but nothing like a FAST tb. But i still have a stock cam so the sticking will go away as soon as i throw a cam in her.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:25 AM
Tenured Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We offer both a OVAL which is 75X90mm that fits on a LS6 intake that we modify. We have just finshed a 90MM adapter for the LS6 intake that will take Our TPIS 90 MM tb, which will also fit a FAST and a LS2 intake.

Myron Cottrell
Old 01-31-2006, 11:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TPiS
We offer both a OVAL which is 75X90mm that fits on a LS6 intake that we modify. We have just finshed a 90MM adapter for the LS6 intake that will take Our TPIS 90 MM tb, which will also fit a FAST and a LS2 intake.

Myron Cottrell
For the 90mm adapter to be used, would/should the intake throat be opened to 90mm? Is it possible to open an LS6 intake throat to 90mm?
Old 01-31-2006, 03:56 PM
Tenured Member

What we do is to cut the front entry off and glue a new one in place. The cost for this is $350.00. The new part is made of the same material as the factory intake. we offoer this on an exchange basis or we will do yours. Please call if you have any questions. This will perform as well as the FAST intake at less than half the cost.

Myron Cottrell,pres
Old 01-31-2006, 04:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

What we do is to cut the front entry off and glue a new one in place. The cost for this is $350.00. The new part is made of the same material as the factory intake. we offoer this on an exchange basis or we will do yours. Please call if you have any questions. This will perform as well as the FAST intake at less than half the cost.

Myron Cottrell,pres
So this isn't the oval 90mm conversion, correct? I'm assuming this is a new process because I don't see it listed on your website.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:30 PM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
So this isn't the oval 90mm conversion, correct? I'm assuming this is a new process because I don't see it listed on your website.
Well it is not new we have been modifying LS6 intakes for about two years. We have been adapting our OVAL entry, But it seems that everybody wants bigger even if it is not better. So we go with the flow. So what I have done is to have a new moulding made and we are now ready to sell them. This is a precision process that involves a mill, a jig, special epoxys and heat.

It is much easier if you call and we can make sure you understand the process. We have several of the name shops that have been using our OVAL version with great success.

Myron Cottrell 952 448 5330
Old 01-31-2006, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well it is not new we have been modifying LS6 intakes for about two years. We have been adapting our OVAL entry, But it seems that everybody wants bigger even if it is not better. So we go with the flow. So what I have done is to have a new moulding made and we are now ready to sell them. This is a precision process that involves a mill, a jig, special epoxys and heat.

It is much easier if you call and we can make sure you understand the process. We have several of the name shops that have been using our OVAL version with great success.

Myron Cottrell 952 448 5330
I might be giving you a call here in the next few days. I like the idea of reusing the LS6 intake so you don't have to deal with the possible sealing or MAP sensor issues that the FAST intake presents. Since this is a new product from ya'll, I'm sure several other members would like to get information about this as well.

My only concerns about your product would be: 1) turn around time, 2) fitament of the new intake neck (****-eyed or something of the like), and 3) sealing of the intake at the area of the new neck.

Sounds like a nice product though and I'm sure everyone here would be interested in more information and any pictures.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Tenured Member

Originally Posted by BADFNZ
I might be giving you a call here in the next few days. I like the idea of reusing the LS6 intake so you don't have to deal with the possible sealing or MAP sensor issues that the FAST intake presents. Since this is a new product from ya'll, I'm sure several other members would like to get information about this as well.

My only concerns about your product would be: 1) turn around time, 2) fitament of the new intake neck (****-eyed or something of the like), and 3) sealing of the intake at the area of the new neck.

Sounds like a nice product though and I'm sure everyone here would be interested in more information and any pictures.
turn around is two days. or we can do it on an exchange basis. The neck is installed in a jig for perfect alignment. As for sealing it is an airtight seal because of the epoxy that we use.

mc