Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

headers LT's!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default headers LT's!

I want to know which long tube headers are the best bang for the buck? I have midlengths now that came with it when i bought it but i want longtubes. so which lt's are cheap good durability and good flow? can anyone help me on any sales or cheap lt's
Old 03-20-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

pacesetter sounds like a good fit for you pal. they are the cheapest LT that i know of at the best quality for the price. good luck.
Old 03-20-2006, 10:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Coated Pacesetters on sale at both speed inc, and byunspeed (check the sponsor section and PM both for your best price)
Old 03-20-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea pacesetter ceramic coated... best bang for the buck and supposed to fit well
Old 03-20-2006, 11:05 PM
FormerVendor

Pacesetters are hard to beat for the price, coating and ease of installation. We have pacesetters in stock along with ORY's, Catted Y's and Rumbler X's. If you need some pricing feel free to shoot me a pm!

-Zach
Old 03-20-2006, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

Edelbrocks...I'd take them over Pacesetters any day of the year...
Old 03-20-2006, 11:07 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NightRider_13
only problem with edelbrocks is the ground clearance with lowered cars. if lowered get the pacesetters!
Old 03-20-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by NightRider_13
how much are they vs. the pacesetter coated...? looks like pacesetter is winning so far.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:02 AM
Teching In

Id go with the pacesetters good pricing if ur looking for cheap prices.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dub.ya.es.SICK
I want to know which long tube headers are the best bang for the buck? I have midlengths now that came with it when i bought it but i want longtubes. so which lt's are cheap good durability and good flow? can anyone help me on any sales or cheap lt's
how many bucks are you meaning?? As the answer will vary accordingly.

As for LT's, well as you have mids I'd spend the money on something else. You should be able to see good power with the mids and will not get a massive gain by swapping to LT's. I'd use the money and get a decent cam, infact mids work better with higher engine revs so a more radical as opposed to sedate cam should work well with them.

Personally I do feel LT's are the best bet, but even with an ORY a set of LT's and a new Y pipe will set you back $500 excluding any labour to fit them (if you don't do it yourself). But can you justify that cost for what may well be only a small gain?

Or if you are planning on a supercharger later then your mids will serve you well as boosted engines respond differently and the 5th scavenging process in the combustion cycle generated by tubular headers is effectively eliminated.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Durability and good horsepowerflow? i would go for the QTP highvelocity colector. I bought mine for $1300 2 1/2 years ago and it reduces to $799 recently.

Why would you want cheap headers for your WS6 anyways? I had pacesetter coated n it crack after 1year: so learn it from me buy a pure stainless steel headers. all longtubes have ground clearance issue, it depends how much u lower ur ride, but I scrape my QTPheaders everyday and it just don't break.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
how many bucks are you meaning?? As the answer will vary accordingly.

As for LT's, well as you have mids I'd spend the money on something else. You should be able to see good power with the mids and will not get a massive gain by swapping to LT's. I'd use the money and get a decent cam, infact mids work better with higher engine revs so a more radical as opposed to sedate cam should work well with them.

Personally I do feel LT's are the best bet, but even with an ORY a set of LT's and a new Y pipe will set you back $500 excluding any labour to fit them (if you don't do it yourself). But can you justify that cost for what may well be only a small gain?

Or if you are planning on a supercharger later then your mids will serve you well as boosted engines respond differently and the 5th scavenging process in the combustion cycle generated by tubular headers is effectively eliminated.
your absolutely right...
Old 03-21-2006, 11:43 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
You should be able to see good power with the mids and will not get a massive gain by swapping to LT's. I'd use the money and get a decent cam, infact mids work better with higher engine revs so a more radical as opposed to sedate cam should work well with them.
really? the mids would outperform longtubes up to about 4,500 rpm. they would offer more mid-range at the cost of MUCH high rpm power.

show me a dyno where a radical cam with mid-length headers made any kind of power comparable to a longtube setup. and radical by definition to me is 240+ duration on stock ls1 cubes.