Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

best y-pipe with QTP LTs

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default best y-pipe with QTP LTs

I´m looking for a new y-pipe since the one a bought from QTP dont "fit" the angle of the pipes are wrong. QTP says it´s an installation error (nice customer service :thumbdn: ) Soo i wont buy a new one from them.

So what brand and where to get one. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:44 AM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The QTP (Mufflex) Y-pipe is like a puzzle. You really need to work with it, with patience to get it to fit correctly. Once installed, it's one of the best flowing Y-pipes on the market due to its Flowmaster Scavenger merge collector.

Give it another go before purchasing yet another Y-pipe.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I HAVE A BRAND NEW QTP CATTED Y PIPE NEVER EVEN WELDED TOGETHER YET FOR SALE.

I bought it and decided on true duals.

Let me know if you are interested.

It is ready to ship out.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:13 AM
Banned

DISREGARD.. I just seen you are in SWEDEN!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

I agee. It will take a lot of time and patience, but, because it has so many joints, it' s made to be completely adjustable. Make sure all the slip joints are open enough to allow you to turn the pipes. I found, when I originally installed my y-pipe, the joints could have been opened up a little more, and if it were, I could have gotten it to fit a little better.

Keep trying. I' m sure it can get a little better fit for ya'.

Good luck.
Old 05-31-2006, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Runn
I´m looking for a new y-pipe since the one a bought from QTP dont "fit" the angle of the pipes are wrong. QTP says it´s an installation error (nice customer service :thumbdn: ) Soo i wont buy a new one from them.

So what brand and where to get one. Thanks.
They are correct. They dont provide a diagram as to how its supposed to fit together ( which would make it a lot easier), but it does fit together and works quite well. Numbers in my sig. Keep trying, it wasnt the easiest thing to put together but mines been on the car for a couple years now.
Old 05-31-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
They are correct.
Yes, But i think my y-pipe is defect... No matter what i do, the first piece makes the next pipes go downward... no clearence what so ever.

I had to cut it of and weld it together to be able to drive the car. and i know this cant be correct but QTP wont listen

How much for your catted y-pipe?
Old 05-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Original catted (Random Tech) Y from SW was $550 I think (few years back now). But I have changed the cats to Dynatech hi-flows. One cat broke and had to be replaced so I went with better flowing ones. The Y was not easy to put together I know that, comes in 5 peices which I wasnt expecting either, but it did finally go. Sounds like you made it work anyway though. I have no complaints about my SW setup at all. But most people do have trouble with the Y. Its built to be so tight and tuck up that it makes for a difficult assembly.