Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally it arrived... my bassani true X duals!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 10:41 PM
Trunion King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Finally it arrived... my bassani true X duals!

Hopefully I'll get it installed tomorrow. I'll take pictures.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you notice anything diff with the TR plugs? I just ordered some from Thunder Racing, should arrive shortly. I got some Spiro wires also. Tough to put in???
Old 06-07-2006, 12:04 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by TransAm_00
Did you notice anything diff with the TR plugs? I just ordered some from Thunder Racing, should arrive shortly. I got some Spiro wires also. Tough to put in???
I noticed smoother idle on TR55s and crispier acceleration .

Yeah, it took me 12 hours to take the stockers out. #6 and #8 plug will kick your ***! It's not the issue of putting the new ones in, its taking the old ones out.

Make sure you've got gloves and the right rachet/extensions/sockets and possibly a good 2-3 hours if you're good taking those things out.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:08 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by bene
Hopefully I'll get it installed tomorrow. I'll take pictures.
That bassini kit is built for stock manifolds no?
But it does run all the way back tho correct?

Just curious, it was a kit I was considering, but i was under the impression it wasn't for LT's
Old 06-07-2006, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DirtyJohn
That bassini kit is built for stock manifolds no?
But it does run all the way back tho correct?

Just curious, it was a kit I was considering, but i was under the impression it wasn't for LT's
you can make them fit lt with a good exhaust shop..a few people have done it.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:06 PM
Trunion King

It is bolted to stock manifolds and runs all the way back. You can get it fab to make it fit with your LTs, real easy.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Trunion King

Don't bother with Bassani exhaust, fitment sucks, everything is just not worth $1000. Sounds good and my car is waay faster but it just don't fit worth a crap.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where is it not fitting? Is it too low where the __________ is? Does it bang against the _______? Does the ________ not slide into the ________?

More info please.

I was thinking about purchasing this down the road. Is there drone at 60 mph? How deep is the tone at idle and durring 2k rpms and WOT? How does it compare to what you have had on your car or what you have heard?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 06-07-2006, 07:36 PM
10 Second Club

wondering what the issues are as well. seeing as i have it on both cars with no fitment issues. one on stock manifolds and cats (as built for) and the other with headers. pics are up on both websites. click links in sig.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:12 PM
Trunion King

I posted it on LS1.com mrr3, btw, you have PM at that site from me. I'm having issues right where the X cross over, its hitting against the transmission tunnel. My knock sensor compensates and I can't get a good WOTs.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by prince xizor
Where is it not fitting? Is it too low where the __________ is? Does it bang against the _______? Does the ________ not slide into the ________?

More info please.

I was thinking about purchasing this down the road. Is there drone at 60 mph? How deep is the tone at idle and durring 2k rpms and WOT? How does it compare to what you have had on your car or what you have heard?

Thanks,
Chris
The only thing that fit right is the actual X cross over bolting to the cat/exhaust manifold. Everything else my muffler shop had to cut/fab to make it fit. Hell, the MF 2 tail peice was too short! Muffler shop guy had to weld the tips to it because he couldn't clamp it.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:17 PM
Trunion King

I'm going back for round 2 at the muffler shop to get this straighten out tomorrow. Good thing he has a mandrel bender and racks of stainless steel pipes.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:26 PM
10 Second Club

i replied to your PM. i thought you had headers.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

i need to see pics of where they hooked the front pipes to x-pipe. that's where the whole problem started. if they would've solved that issue first, then the rest would have went together fine. most likely, if they would've trimmed off some of the end of the 90* bend pipe that goes into the x-pipe, it would've shifted it over and not hit.

in this pic here, you can see the pipe i'm refering to. now that i think about it, i had to trim some off of it to get the x-pipe in the correct position. it's possible, bassani cut it a little long (i'd guess 1"). without being there, i can't really say where it all went wrong. but, i'm willing to bet $1.00 that's where it all started as the whole system is shifted to one side.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:44 PM
10 Second Club

the issue i have is why didn't they see the x-pipe hitting and take care of it first before hacking on your $1000 system. they should have put the system together, then as they were tightening the supplied clamps, adjust the system until it fit and cleared. after that, then if you wanted it welded on, then weld and remove clamps.
Old 06-07-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bene
I noticed smoother idle on TR55s and crispier acceleration .

Yeah, it took me 12 hours to take the stockers out. #6 and #8 plug will kick your ***! It's not the issue of putting the new ones in, its taking the old ones out.

Make sure you've got gloves and the right rachet/extensions/sockets and possibly a good 2-3 hours if you're good taking those things out.
lmfao! 12 hours... jesus christ... am i the only one on this site that has enough sence to go under the car for the rear plugs?
Old 06-07-2006, 10:04 PM
10 Second Club

i took the passenger side coil pack and AIR tube off to access the plugs. one hour total time. all from the top.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:18 AM
Trunion King

Originally Posted by mrr23
i took the passenger side coil pack and AIR tube off to access the plugs. one hour total time. all from the top.
Yeah, I took those steps too, but the process still took me 12 hours. I was really careful taking the plug wires out so I could use them again until I got pissed on #8 and snapped it in two. Those ******* were glued in there and the plugs I had to use a breaker bar to get them off.