Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I've been bit by the modding bug!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've been bit by the modding bug!

Well I just got my GMS Lid installed ! Definitely a boost in smile factor! The install was super simple but took a litter persuasion to get the lid to fit on the 4 tabs in back. It only took 20mins to install which made for a great lunch break at work.

I know a lid isnt much but its put me on a downward spiral! I'm going to look at some LTs and catback this weekend! Maybe if I get a chance I'll finally take some pics of my car too! Good times!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

congrats man. you may wanna take a look at the bottom side of the bellow and see if its rubbing the plastic unerneath it. this may be why you had to use persuasion to get the tabs in. i remember a thread on this here a while back. there were several people that had bellows rubbing. just a thought
Old 07-27-2006, 01:36 PM
12 Second Club

Man, once it bites, it bites hard. Good luck with the exhaust, let's see some pics!
Old 07-27-2006, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

The mod bug...oh man. I remember when he bit me. I went from a lid to a 200 shot.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

welcome, now you can officially join the other 10,000+ members who have also been bitten.......
Old 07-27-2006, 04:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by RICEETER
congrats man. you may wanna take a look at the bottom side of the bellow and see if its rubbing the plastic unerneath it. this may be why you had to use persuasion to get the tabs in. i remember a thread on this here a while back. there were several people that had bellows rubbing. just a thought

Yeah I noticed it sitting very tightly on the plastic! I heard that the frenco mod will allow the MAF to line-up with the lid so its not rubbing. I'll have to give it a shot when I get a chance.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

LTs and Y are a HUGE SMILE ENFORCER. Kinda like a kid in a candy store. I am about to do H/C next week. CANT WAIT. SO GIDDY.
Old 07-27-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

congrats. that bug is a killer.

bought GMMG c/b, then sold it for True Duals and not it is time for LTs

what lts and c/b you planning?

btw speaking of lids.. the 4 tabs that were mentioned, the first tab on the passanger side ALWAYS pops up.. How do i get it to seat properly????
Old 07-27-2006, 07:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Be prepared to be broke. Credit cards can and will be your enemy if you can't control your addition. The mod bug addiction probibly costs more than crack. I am still going after I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars. I am loosing all control......LOL

I blame LS1tech.com. Way to much informative info here. You just can't get away from this site. aaarrrggggg. Be forewarned, turn back now and never visit this site again....That is if you want to keep from going broke.

I love ths site!!!
Old 07-27-2006, 07:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i got the bug... then i bought everythign i could get for under 2 grand... god damn heads/rearend
Old 07-27-2006, 08:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Be prepared to be broke. Credit cards can and will be your enemy if you can't control your addition. The mod bug addiction probibly costs more than crack. I am still going after I have spent thousands and thousands of dollars. I am loosing all control......LOL

I blame LS1tech.com. Way to much informative info here. You just can't get away from this site. aaarrrggggg. Be forewarned, turn back now and never visit this site again....That is if you want to keep from going broke.

I love ths site!!!

Old 07-28-2006, 08:35 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
congrats. that bug is a killer.

bought GMMG c/b, then sold it for True Duals and not it is time for LTs

what lts and c/b you planning?

btw speaking of lids.. the 4 tabs that were mentioned, the first tab on the passanger side ALWAYS pops up.. How do i get it to seat properly????

I'm looking at getting some Hooker LT and I'm not sure on the c/b yet. The exhaust comes all together LT and everything. Its a great price so if I get tired of the c/b I can always sell it for some TD and still have a great price on the LT.

To get all the tabs in I had a helping hand. We both basically hit it to put it into place. There was no way I would get it in without using force! After that it hasnt moved one bit.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS

I love ths site!!!
I can see it now.... I go broke from buying mods and then lose my job from being on ls1tech.com so much! Then I would have no money for anything! I think there should be an LS1Annonymous....... Hi my name is David, I'm addicted to HP.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by surgence
I'm looking at getting some Hooker LT and I'm not sure on the c/b yet. The exhaust comes all together LT and everything. Its a great price so if I get tired of the c/b I can always sell it for some TD and still have a great price on the LT.

To get all the tabs in I had a helping hand. We both basically hit it to put it into place. There was no way I would get it in without using force! After that it hasnt moved one bit.

i got the lid in no problem.. It is that the far left tab alwyas pops up.

DOES ANY ONE NO HOW TO FIX THIS??
Old 07-28-2006, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

mine pops up 2
Old 07-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Teching In

i got the lid in no problem.. It is that the far left tab alwyas pops up.

Well mine hasnt popped up yet, if it does I'll figure out a way to make sure it doesnt!
Old 07-28-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

run a screw thru it. that oughtta hold her
Old 07-28-2006, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Unfortunately the bug bit me before I came to this site and researched my purchases. This cost me thousands in mods I wish I never bought, (SLP headers, aftermarket MAF to name a few.) My advice spend LOTS of time reading about each and every mod before you do it so you can get it right the first time!

Case in point, your looking into exhaust. There are tons of great cat-backs out there but it seems more and more are turning towards true duals, including myself. Look into duals and see if that may be a mod you can see yourself working with so you can skip ORY and cat-back step. Good luck, and stock up on credit cards.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RICEETER
run a screw thru it. that oughtta hold her

yes i think i am gonna have to do that

Originally Posted by 01bird58
Unfortunately the bug bit me before I came to this site and researched my purchases. This cost me thousands in mods I wish I never bought, (SLP headers, aftermarket MAF to name a few.) My advice spend LOTS of time reading about each and every mod before you do it so you can get it right the first time!

Case in point, your looking into exhaust. There are tons of great cat-backs out there but it seems more and more are turning towards true duals, including myself. Look into duals and see if that may be a mod you can see yourself working with so you can skip ORY and cat-back step. Good luck, and stock up on credit cards.

yea you are correct. i did a lof research b4 i bought my gmmg c/b.. then i saw a lot of threads about TD.. lol got rid of the gmmg and got TD

DO YOUR REASEARCH!
Old 07-29-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

oh ya ive been bit also i believe ive spent $1000 just in the month of june now im saving for a camshaft pushrods valve springs and an HPtuners program i cant stand it when i dont have any money