Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone out there running Flowetech headers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 07:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone out there running Flowetech headers?

Looking for those that run Flowtech's. GMRSpeed did a little tuning for me and they were talking about the Flowtech headers. So I'm just wondering who out there is running them? Also, someone told me that they are a product of Pacesetter, meaning that Pacesetter makes them, ( ), not sure though. Pictures would be nice. Thanks guys. Here's the link for the headers. Hopefully we can get some answers by tonight.
http://www.gmrspeed.com/product_info...roducts_id=107
Old 09-19-2006, 07:48 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get some pacesetters coated for cheaper than you can get the craptechs.....
Old 09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
Teching In

I have the Flowtech Long Tubes. They work great but they have a thin flang that bends when you tighten them down and you can't use the any other gaskets but the ones they come with. If your in the market for a set of good priced long tubes I say go with the Pacesetters.

Steve
Old 09-19-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

my friend has them in his 80 Malibu 383 stroker...thin flange and rust-city...crappy welds...get something else.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TransAm_00
Looking for those that run Flowtech's. GMRSpeed did a little tuning for me and they were talking about the Flowtech headers. So I'm just wondering who out there is running them? Also, someone told me that they are a product of Pacesetter, meaning that Pacesetter makes them, ( ), not sure though. Pictures would be nice. Thanks guys. Here's the link for the headers. Hopefully we can get some answers by tonight.
Hooker makes Flowtech.

I agree with buying something else.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

I also have flowtech. They're junk but they work. For the money you're better off getting the hooker headers. They fit better than the pacesetters and are around the same price.

The flanges on the flowtechs are super thin and will warp and bend like crazy making it really tough to seal them to the cylinder head.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edelbrock!
Old 09-20-2006, 02:01 PM
Launching!

I have had two sets of flowtechs and didn't have a problem with either warping or bending of the flanges. I've used both paper and metal gaskets so I don't understand how some say you can't use anything but the supplied gaskets. I actually just switched out one of my sets of paper gaskets to a used set of stock metal ones that came with my car stock. They were seperating and falling apart but I was to cheap to buy new ones. Anyway they seal great, no leaks or sounds whatsoever. The welds on the headers are not very pretty, but they don't leak so its not a big issue unless your going to have people under the car every night looking at them. Flowtechs are nice cause they come with the O2 extenders and collectors. They have real good customer service as well. I'm sure there is higher quality out there, but it depends on your budget. I spent a small fortune on some coated hooker headers and they installed just as easy as flowtechs. The jet hot coating peeled off after 3-4 months, so I go with uncoated now and they work great, just don't look so pretty with the rust.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Launching!

I have had coated FlowTech's for about 2 years and they are still perfect. I got them because they were so cheap (about $350) but Pacesetters are only slightly more expensive (if any) and it would be worth it for the 3/8 flange.

Steve
Old 09-23-2006, 10:19 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Asmodeus
Edelbrock!
Old 09-23-2006, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

i have them too and i dont have not one complaint..... they went in great they sealed great...i have had them for about a year and half and minimal surface rust (uncoated) they are about 100 bucks cheaper than pacesetters because of everything they come with.... i would buy them again i think i gave like 269 for mine althought i did have to notch my k member so they wouldnt bang but i hear alot of people have to do that no matter what kinda header