Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What should i go with?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006, 03:04 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i go with?

Ok i have stock headers no cats with a slp loudmouth I. I am looking to replace the muffler or the resanator with something like a magnaflow,dynomax bullet or maybe even a loudmouth II muffler . What should i go with to help with rasp and get a deeper tone ?? If it is something diffrent can you post a link to where i can buy one ? I am also looking for a used one if someone has something let me know.
Old 10-05-2006, 03:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you plan on going headers? If not, go with corsa, SLP dual dual, or a similar "muffler" style system (no bullet). If you wanna just swap bullets in the LM, dump a dynomax bullet or spiral flow in there. I have spiral duals (link in sig), so it'd be different a decent bit than a y-pipe setup, I also have headers... come to think of it, my sig probably wouldn't help you at all . I have never heard magnaho in person so I can't comment

-J
Old 10-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Banned

I am def wanting to do headers oon but i will end up going true dual when i do that . I am just wanting to replace th bullet loudmouth I muffler in there now with something else less raspy and deeper tone . Would dynomax be my ticket if so what length 23 1/2 or 16 . I am open to suggestions to what sounds better. What about the loudmouth 2 muffler
Old 10-05-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Well IMO I would just wait for headers and do TDs all at once. I only say that because if you're gonna change eventually, why not just put up with the sound a little while longer, save the money and labor and put towards your new setup. But... I digress. As I understand the longer the bullet, the deeper the tone. Never heard LM2 in person sorry.

-J
Old 10-05-2006, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lastcall190
Well IMO I would just wait for headers and do TDs all at once. I only say that because if you're gonna change eventually, why not just put up with the sound a little while longer, save the money and labor and put towards your new setup. But... I digress. As I understand the longer the bullet, the deeper the tone. Never heard LM2 in person sorry.

-J
well the only reason i dont have my headers and what not is becouse i just bought my 9in and not wanting to do anything drastic but drive it for a little and pay off the rear before i go spending another 800 on new exhaust . i just want to fix this for the time till i get the money that is it.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:35 PM
TECH Addict

Oh didn't realize you JUSt bought the 9", that's a hunk of dough... in that case I would go to ls1sounds and check out some dynomouths, which is essentially what you'd make your exhaust if you went with a bullet. Good luck.

-J
Old 10-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Banned

Anyone else?
Old 10-05-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Manga mouth! I'm not biased at all though

I used this http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

on a LM1 system. Sounds awesome if you look at clips with headers it's even meaner and still quite tame if you want it to be.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:00 PM
Banned

thanks it is between that and powerstick http://www.eadperformance.com/catalo...cPath=42_75_76
Now i have to figure out which one i want to go with anyone tried both ?
Old 10-06-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Both of those will have a less aggressive tone at idle. If you are welding it go with the mild steel. My true duels are what I like but every time I leave, it sets off alarms all the way down the street. I'm thinking of completely remaking it from scratch and going with something more sociable, like a longer bullet, or a louvered muffler like you are going with, that is 3.5 so it wont affect flow as much, and maybe stainless. I think both of those sound cool just not as radical. They do sound cool at wot though. A bullet that is the longer one would be less raspy than what you have but still somewhat good flowing and a good compromise. But still a little loud. The resonator is really not a muffler, so anything will be better.