Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question

Today i was out at the local performance shop asking about headers and exhaust and I feel like the guy was dicking around with me. He was Pushing Mac headers and Cat back exhaust when ever I asked about pacesetter or some other brancd he would bad mouth them and told me that Pacesetters had some serious fitment issues. Ok he told me that he could do the MAC headers & Y pipe for $549.00 plus $25.00 for shipping, and MAC catback for $399.00 plus $25.00 shipping and %325.00 labor to install this seems kind of high to me and dont really know what setup to go with. I really wanted to get the pace setters after reading everyones reviews about them.
Old 10-26-2006, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

pacesetters fit great.. they use to have a problem where you would have to raise the motor but not anymore... they are cheap too.. $500 from tsp for the headers and tsp's ORY... It took me about 8 hours to install and i was taking my time and taking many breaks.. I could probably do it in 4-5 now. If its your first time it will take you 6+. Labor is usually 60$ or so an hour, x6 = $360. So dont get macs. Get pacesetters and do it yourself. Look for someone on here that lives around you. Ls1 guys stick together, they'll help you out with it.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Resident

also.... I dont know anything about the MAC catback but i doubt it would out perform the Hooker, magnaflow, and i know it wont beat the loudmouth as far as flow goes and those are all between 300-400$. From tsp you can get their true duals with bullets for like $420 and true duals outflow any ypipe setup. Loudmouth is too raspy/loud without cats. Hooker sounds great without cats.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

I had my Pacesetters installed, but he said there were no fitment issues at all. Don't believe what people say, they're great headers and they'll last. He's probably pushing Macs because he's a distributor for them, and gets a kickback for every set he sells. I've ran into that myself already with the Pacesetters. If you can do it yourself, try it. If not, header install will probably run around 500 anyway. There's always something that comes up that adds on to the original price.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

So I go with the pace setters and ypipe form Texas speed. My issue is finding a exhaust that Wont have that Raspy sound to it or be too loud. I want a nice deep rumble.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Think I might go with the Pacesetter headerswith y-pipe and Magnaflow catback exhaust. How would that sound?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it would sound good and wont be to loud while cruising. But at WOT would sound real mean
Old 10-26-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Im going to order it from Texas Speed one of our sponsers on here.