Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need advice to pass inspection in Germany

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 12:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice to pass inspection in Germany

I have pacesetter lt's into tsp true dual setup that dumps before rear axle. The inspector said i have to have my exhaust exit at the rear of the car and have external showing mufflers(no bullet style like i have). What is the cheapest way i can go about fixing this problem?
Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

try to have a shop flange on some pipes to go underneath the axle and run out the back where the stock setup did. Then you can just take them off when you pass. For the mufflers, you could always buy some cheapo junk ones, cut off the top and pull everything out of the inside. Then you'll probably need to flatten the top so you have clearance and then put it back on and just connect the mufflers around your exhaust pipes. That way it would look real but wouldn't be. I have no clue how easy that would be to actually do though. Worst case senario, you have to buy borla xr-1 or flowmaster 1 chamber mufflers and weld them in there
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Go under the axle but use some sort of rectangular shaped muffler that will quiet it down. Easier to just make it meet loudness and visual requirements the first time instead of going back several times like I had to. If you are still too loud, just stuff a crap load of steel scrubby pads in there. I tried a silencer but it didn't do much except serve to hold the scrubbies I later installed in place.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:42 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NotthisSS
I have pacesetter lt's into tsp true dual setup that dumps before rear axle. The inspector said i have to have my exhaust exit at the rear of the car and have external showing mufflers(no bullet style like i have). What is the cheapest way i can go about fixing this problem?

Cheapest way? Get a stock exhaust from someone. Some people just give them away. Probably not what you are looking for but.....they are pretty strict about noise over there too right? Put the duals back on when you get back to the states....
Old 01-08-2007, 12:13 AM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the help. Im going to try the pipes out the back and order new mufflers.
Old 01-08-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

i hope there's no snow there to eat up your car....
Old 01-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

As of right now it hasnt snowed a drop. Its been mid 40's to 50's all winter long. Alot of rain though.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

where are you stationed in Germany? my dad was stationed over there in the 80s
Old 01-10-2007, 09:34 AM
Staging Lane

If your true duals are just clamped onto the headers you could remove them completely and then install a 3inch Y pipe, ORY, from texas speed and also order the texas speed rumbler catback that is also 3inches. Both systems are bolt on and you and a friend could do it easily. Then you could could keep or just ship the true duals back home and use them when you can. Just another option for you cause if you ever get stopped by the MP's they could write you up also.