Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust headache

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Exhaust headache

I've got a TSP catted y and a LM. I hate it, to say the least. I love the fact that the y has cats on it, but i hate how freakin hard it is to adjust! I've got poly mounts too, and i still cant get a nice medium where 1) the y doesnt rattle or bang the floor 2) i have good clearance 3) the tail pipes dont rest on the bumper.
Half of this is the Loud mouths fault. Ive got a borla XR1 to go there but i just cant get it to fit. I dont want to have anything welded yet because that would be too perminant. Once the y pipe is adjusted perfectly then i'll get it welded, but for now im clampin.
What is the best fitting least adjusting needed catback? Magnaflow? I really wish that i could find a y pipe that didnt need adjustments. Blah! bottom line, if you're planning on going headers, stay away from the Loudmouth. Theres too many adjustments and noise issues with it. This is more of a pissed off steam blowing thread than a question asker. Chime in if you're in the same boat.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Addict

Is anyone actually happy with the actual resonator for the LM? How does it sound?
Old 01-14-2007, 10:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you put on the borla, try to put it as far back as you can (closest to the axle) otherwise you won't clear the driveshaft. good luck

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/636034-put-borlamouth-today-results-video.html
Old 01-14-2007, 10:43 PM
12 Second Club

lol Tsp rumbler....without y's and a big *** cam..... LOUD AS ****!!!! lol drives me crazy some times but it is nice
Old 01-14-2007, 10:46 PM
TECH Addict

I just cant get the muffler to fit into the pipe that goes over the axle. I even tried beating the borla pipe with a hamer so it would fit in there, but it still wont go very far. If it were welded then maybe, but its the same diameter as the lm pipe. The little pipe that goes from the muffler to the y pipe is fine, it fits. I even tried reversing it, with the borla in front and the little curved pipe going to the "over axle" pipe. I had it on once, but it leaked terribly! So, i have been running the LM tube just because it was made to fit there.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:47 PM
On The Tree

I have the LM 1. It's loud as hell, nasty sounding. I like it. You can't drive aggressively on the streets though for risk of getting pulled over, but I try to save that for the track.
Old 01-14-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Addict

Im going to give it a go tomarrow after work. I've got to adjust the y pipe again so it isnt resting on the trans cross member (annoying) and then i might give the borla one last shot. If i cant get it to go then i might just buy the LM resonator, or another catback all together.