Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aero Turbine?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aero Turbine?

Has anybody ever tried one?

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/products.html

cool video on their site to help explain.

http://www.aeroexhaust.com/technology.html

They look great, they come in many sizes and are all stainless and could look really cool on a car. They mention truck/suv and diesel alot because of the large inlet/outlet diameters they offer.

I have one on my 7.3 diesel and it made a HUGE difference in EGT's which are important on a chipped diesel. They work by scavaging the exhaust and creating a vacuum or lower pressure after the muffler. Their niche has been in the diesel world because they really do work to lower the EGT's but why wouldnt they work great on a LSx engine?
Old 02-03-2007, 03:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a buddy of mine made 12rwhp over no muffler on a H/C A4 camaro. same dyno, same day (later that day)... they sound alright on a cammed car... im up in the air on the sound
Old 02-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Teching In

12 rwhp is awesome!! Those returns over straight pipe do not surprize me. Same on the diesels, the aero turbine lowers EGT's better than straight pipe (worked for me on my 7.3 Excursion).

I know, I know its not a Magnaflow, GMMG or a Borla but different doesnt mean bad. I look at the product and think how could you go wrong. Since I own one on my diesel I know they are a quality muffler. The only thing that might make people look away is price, but you get what you pay for.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Addict

never seen those before...seem interesting...
Old 02-03-2007, 10:50 PM
TECH Resident

pretty bitchin video
Old 02-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Well thats kind of my thoughts. I KNOW the concept works better than straight pipe on my diesel and they are quality made and look great. The only thing I see that could make someone look away is price. Theres nothing on the market like them and they do work.

For performance they should be the best returns over any conventional muffler, I was just checking if anyone had a set. I also know that it did give a better tone to my truck over Magnaflow's too. At a glance they appear to be just a stainless cherry-bomb but thats not what they are at all.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to dredge this up - any new info on the Aero mufflers? In particular, what kind of sound do they have?

I want something that sounds like a flowmaster/chambered muffler, but that comes in a smaller package.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Quick Reply: Aero Turbine?