Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Solid mounts + LT's + DD ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Solid mounts + LT's + DD ?

was wondering how many people have done the solid mounts with long tubes and daily drove it. reason i ask is becuase my left side header hits the floorboard and the engine kinda rocks alittle (ms4...wonder why it rockes so much ) like i knokw the mounts are good and all, cuss before the cam the engine was smooth as could be not rocking and hittin stuff. now with all the boltons it likes to rattle the left side on the floorboard as i'm coming to a stop or taking off, auto tranny btw. would sticking a solid mount stop that problem? and if so, would the engine rocking be really felt now with it being connected directly to the frame, no cushioning anymore? thanks for yalls help
Old 03-12-2007, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im having the same problem.when the engine rares the y pipe hits"damn 3"pipe".im gonna try some urethane mounts ive heard of a few guys here that done it and that fixed the problem.ive had solid mouts on 2 mustangs and daily driven 1 of them for 3 years.there not as bad as people claim
Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

did the body lope with the cam with the solid mounts?
Old 03-12-2007, 09:29 PM
11 Second Club

no i had an edelbrock cam in the car too at one time very very lopy.also had an e303 in it had a fast chopy lope the body didnt rol with either i also had solid tranny mount
Old 03-12-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

sweet, the body rocking was my biggest concern. i wasnt really wanting to deal with having to be rocked back and forth at stop lights. the exhuast gets me enough attention as it is
Old 03-12-2007, 09:41 PM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with the polyurethane motor and tranny mounts from prothane, the engine moves around much less.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:05 PM
12 Second Club

so THATS what i need to do to stop that problem!?!?!?!?!!? if so, im ordering them like right now! i have the same problem and it bugs the **** out of me
Old 03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

it embrarasses me having to come to a stop, and the whole car clanking together...like it's going to fall apart!! not fun specially when your at the drive threw, and the person on the speaker thingy cant hear you cuss its making so much noise!! lol
Old 03-12-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

i had the x-pipe bumping the floor board a lil and had poly mounts put in... I daily it and put on 18k+ miles on it a year. No problems here.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

i had to pull up to the window at arby's because i flat out just couldnt hear what the girl was saying....that was more because of the loudmouth then the rattle though but its still embarassing lol kinda cool in a way but still embarassing
Old 03-13-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 00slowredz
i had to pull up to the window at arby's because i flat out just couldnt hear what the girl was saying....that was more because of the loudmouth then the rattle though but its still embarassing lol kinda cool in a way but still embarassing
lol,....see,..thats the kind of exhaust that I'd be super proud of!
Old 03-13-2007, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
lol,....see,..thats the kind of exhaust that I'd be super proud of!
Lol I have that problem a lot and my duals are relatively quiet to most of the people here.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:11 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Solid here and loving it hard core!

Originally Posted by 00slowredz

I have that problem. I just shut my car off now...or avoid drive thrus. I am pretty sure that when I tried to hear what they were saying and repeat my order 17 times at McDonalds they pissed in my food because of it.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GTObsessor
Lol I have that problem a lot and my duals are relatively quiet to most of the people here.
The LOUDER!!,..The BETTER!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Solid here and loving it hard core!

I have that problem. I just shut my car off now...or avoid drive thrus. I am pretty sure that when I tried to hear what they were saying and repeat my order 17 times at McDonalds they pissed in my food because of it.
LOL i always wondered why they were taking extra long to make my food...

i think i'll try the poly first to see how much that will reduce it. hoping that will take care of it... if not then solids are going to have to be it... wonder how i should attack them, taking off the headers?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:07 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by reject
LOL i always wondered why they were taking extra long to make my food...

i think i'll try the poly first to see how much that will reduce it. hoping that will take care of it... if not then solids are going to have to be it... wonder how i should attack them, taking off the headers?
I thought that there wasn't even a choice in the matter! Isn't it a MUST to remove the headers to get the mounts in?
Old 03-13-2007, 06:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

I did the poly mounts when i had a stock cam and it was a world of difference, now I have the poly motor mounts with my cammed car and it still rocks all around, I am mulling the idea of solid mounts right now.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:54 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by reject
was wondering how many people have done the solid mounts with long tubes and daily drove it. reason i ask is becuase my left side header hits the floorboard and the engine kinda rocks alittle (ms4...wonder why it rockes so much ) like i knokw the mounts are good and all, cuss before the cam the engine was smooth as could be not rocking and hittin stuff. thanks for yalls help
i woundered the same thing. if you lift your hood and watch the motor idle, does it shake alot? reason i ask is because i just had a MS3 cam installed and it looks like my motor shakes more than normal when idling. do i need solid mounts as well? thanks!
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DwayneZ28
i woundered the same thing. if you lift your hood and watch the motor idle, does it shake alot? reason i ask is because i just had a MS3 cam installed and it looks like my motor shakes more than normal when idling. do i need solid mounts as well? thanks!

my motor shook a lottttt more before a got a tune
Old 03-13-2007, 07:37 AM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
I thought that there wasn't even a choice in the matter! Isn't it a MUST to remove the headers to get the mounts in?
Nope, just makes it A-LOT easier. I installed spohn solids with the headers in the car.

I DD a car with solids, and the only time I notice them is when I am driving from a stop, and it is only a mild vibration. I drove a car with NEW poly mounts in it, and it felt about the same. I think they break in and vibrate less, but I'm not sure.

I had a poly trans mount, and that vibrated the crap out of everything, but I never gave it time to break in. I replaced it a week later with a 1LE mount. When that breaks, I'll use the poly again.