Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP TD's w/dumps = LoudAsFuk!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSP TD's w/dumps = LoudAsFuk!!

Got my duals put on this Sat. no cats, 18" sweet thunders + dumps is louder than all hell. It sounds badass but unbelievably obnoxiously loud. Had my wife drive it and followed her to hear it outside the car and its not as bad as I thought it was but still waves a red flag to cops "come get me". Inside it drones and rattles at low rpm.

Thinkinh of getting some small cats to stuff in there to quiet it down a little and smooth out the tone. What would be a good choice? Not magnaflows, my car is lowered and those things were ruined after 2 weeks last time I got some.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:02 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by tuffass
Gbut still waves a red flag to cops "come get me". Inside it drones and rattles at low rpm.
Welcome to my world, Just got a $170 ticket this weekend for the same thing.
The cam over the winter must have done it b/c it was fine last year on stock cam.
I was at the local cruise spot and didn't go over 2000 rpm the whole time.
Actually the cop just pulled into the gas station I was filling up at.
Sat around waiting for me, I started up, pulled out and made it a block before the lights came on.
Kind of BS cause a couple imports just tore *** out of the same parking lot not a minute before not a whole lot louder than mine.

I've got cats and now have to figure out how I'm going to fab up the rest of this thing to quiet it down.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm a bit confused. Have you seen the newer Magnaflow cats? "Metal Spun" are the type I got and they are just a little more than half the size of the stock ones and don't have a huge bulge for the converter packing and are not bent either. Sort of look like a small resonator. Yet, by my own admittance I HAVE scraped on this exhaust on a speedbump while not being too careful but that has much more to do with my car being lowered.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Launching!

What cats do you have?

I'm looking for highflows that are small and wont hang very low.

But dont want to spend 400.00 if i dont have to!
Old 04-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
I'm a bit confused. Have you seen the newer Magnaflow cats? "Metal Spun" are the type I got and they are just a little more than half the size of the stock ones and don't have a huge bulge for the converter packing and are not bent either. Sort of look like a small resonator. Yet, by my own admittance I HAVE scraped on this exhaust on a speedbump while not being too careful but that has much more to do with my car being lowered.
Confused how? The magna flows i just removed w/ my now old exhaust were huge. Havnt seen the smaller ones i guess. i'm not too worried about scraping as long as they arnt as big as the other ones. I put my prokit springs back on the rear and got abount another 1" of clearance. Only had my TD's on for 3 dats but havnt scrapped on anything that I normally do.

I'll check out those new magnaflow cats.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:10 PM
Launching!

must be this one.

These look like they will fit pretty damn good. How well do they flow though? I had some small jethot cats when i first put my headers on and they clogged up after 6 months.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ever thought about just extending the system and adding another set of bullets...my friend with a formy did it...sounds alot better...more refined
Old 04-16-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I saw you driving around a while back.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by staringback05
ever thought about just extending the system and adding another set of bullets...my friend with a formy did it...sounds alot better...more refined
Well i just put this on this weekend so i want to take it one step at a time. I like those small MF cats so those will be going on next weekend and I'll post updates afterwards on how they are.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by taintedmeat
I think I saw you driving around a while back.

Could have? Dunno... Why you think it was me?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tuffass
Could have? Dunno... Why you think it was me?
Because there's a pic of your car in your sig?
Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Ahh... That would be a give away!
Old 04-16-2007, 02:22 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DirtyJohn
Welcome to my world, Just got a $170 ticket this weekend for the same thing.
The cam over the winter must have done it b/c it was fine last year on stock cam.
I was at the local cruise spot and didn't go over 2000 rpm the whole time.
Actually the cop just pulled into the gas station I was filling up at.
Sat around waiting for me, I started up, pulled out and made it a block before the lights came on.
Kind of BS cause a couple imports just tore *** out of the same parking lot not a minute before not a whole lot louder than mine.

I've got cats and now have to figure out how I'm going to fab up the rest of this thing to quiet it down.
You got a ticket for $170 for being too loud? That's outrageous, I'm guessing this was on uni?
Old 04-16-2007, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

hmmm....ur cops must suck.....i havent got **** for my 1-chamber flows.....We have TSP here and every one has duals too with cams and we really dont get hassled for it.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dmart
You got a ticket for $170 for being too loud? That's outrageous, I'm guessing this was on uni?
Yes it was, First nice day of the year too.
I was/am pissed. No way to fight it tho, its his call I guess.

I was gonna shoot you a PM telling you to lookout once you get cammed, cause where else is there to cruise if they're all uptight now in St. Paul

I didn't want to argue how arbitrary it is for him to decide what is too loud since I've got no cats and the fine for that is thousands I've heard.

I guess its time to turn the screws on getting the cats in and maybe some real mufflers.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not to highjack....but of the three bullets TSP offers...dynomax, moroso, and sweet thunder....ive heard moroso spirals are the quietest??
Old 04-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Teching In

hey man i pm you, i was wandering where you live in the austin area im in cedar park, and i was wandering if i could check your car out, im going to be putting duals on mine and was wandering how they sound in person
Old 04-16-2007, 03:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DirtyJohn
Yes it was, First nice day of the year too.
I was/am pissed. No way to fight it tho, its his call I guess.

I was gonna shoot you a PM telling you to lookout once you get cammed, cause where else is there to cruise if they're all uptight now in St. Paul

I didn't want to argue how arbitrary it is for him to decide what is too loud since I've got no cats and the fine for that is thousands I've heard.

I guess its time to turn the screws on getting the cats in and maybe some real mufflers.
It's not a fix it ticket is it (no fine if a cop signs off on it)? If it is I may be able to help you out, throw me a PM.

I'm gonna be living down there so I guess it's 5th gear at 30mph from now on...

Good luck dude, are you gonna be down there again this weekend? Or are you waiting for a new setup?

Edit: I'm off topic!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:57 PM
TECH Addict

yeah for some reason cops love the sound of loud cars and trucks around here, they dont pull us over but they do give us looks lol.
Old 04-16-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by staringback05
not to highjack....but of the three bullets TSP offers...dynomax, moroso, and sweet thunder....ive heard moroso spirals are the quietest??
True...but don't think for a moment they're actually quiet.

Quick Reply: TSP TD's w/dumps = LoudAsFuk!!