Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Your vote could make a difference! Or not.
Borla
46.43%
Corsa
53.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Borla or Corsa

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Borla or Corsa

Didn't have to pay taxes after all this year like expected so i want to change the exhaust. I have Magnaflow and just want something else since i'm in better standing than i have been the last couple years.

Can't make up the mind between the Borla or Corsa. I love both systems but haven't been able to figure which side of the fence to jump to. Like the sound of the Borla but cleaning the tips looks like a beotch. Love the sound of the Corsa, can't think of any bad but can't commit to it.

Guys that have one, the other or had both just give me your personal pros and cons on both. Even if you don't have either throw your thoughts out. Thanks.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Staging Lane

im going with corsa, its about 100 bucks cheaper depending on what tips you get, loud at wot, mild at cruise and idle, plus you have all of this with having to get out and manually changes plates like borla. just my two cents.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

borla, its sexy sounding and sexy looking and adjsutable!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

I vote Corsa, because that is what I am going to get. The sound, quality and tips are better than Borla IMO. The Borla system sounds really good, but my god those tips...I just cant stand them. Corsa FTW!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Launching!

I'm gonna go with spending $150 on Corsa clone tips, keeping the Magnaflow and putting the money somewhere else that will actually result in gains.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverStang00
I vote Corsa, because that is what I am going to get. The sound, quality and tips are better than Borla IMO. The Borla system sounds really good, but my god those tips...I just cant stand them. Corsa FTW!
How's Corsa have better quality? There have been many people on here who have had their Corsa mufflers come apart and have to replace em. Never heard of one issue with the Borla. Borla gets my vote. Love mine.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheSecretFormula
I'm gonna go with spending $150 on Corsa clone tips, keeping the Magnaflow and putting the money somewhere else that will actually result in gains.
car is paid off in a year. i've waited this long i can wait till then and go bananas at once.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:31 PM
Internet Mechanic

I use Corsa. I had it on a LT1 and reused for a LS1, it kicks ***. Mated to a Dynatech LT with Catted y pipe, its quite at idle where cops will not bust your *** and when you get on it, it s a beast.

Listen to the people who use it, thats all I got to say, if I can get a vid clip if the LS1, I will, but here is a clip on a my hotcammed 383, LT's and no cat.

http://www.mainstreamtopics.com/~scr...whp%20dyno.WMV
Old 04-16-2007, 07:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have had both systems and at least as far as the Cobra's go alot of guys say the Borlas are junk. I had the Borla Race system on my Cobra and it sounded amazing except for the drone. My muffler shop told me they were absolute junk, and had shitty welds and wouldn't last that long.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

my borlas welds are awesome , and so is the quality you know you want the borla over that gay *** corsa
Old 04-16-2007, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

borla has a 1,000,000 mile warrenty, so dont worry about them breaking. i voted corsa. those tips are too damn good to pass up. you cant go wrong with either.
Old 04-16-2007, 11:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well I know over on SVT Forums alot of guys don't like the Borlas, I loved the sound! So I could care less about if the packing blows out or not!

I have had Corsa on two Cadillacs because its the best system for being quiet on the cruise. Then I had a Magnaflow system, then Borla Race and now Corsa Pace.

Some of you guys like the drone of the Borla and some like the drone and unruliness of the B and B system. I personally love the sound of my LS1 at high rpm!