Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Heaviest most Expensive cat-back made....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2003, 07:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default The Heaviest most Expensive cat-back made....

Just wanted to give you all considering the Loudmouth a heads up-
I started with the Loudmouth and exhaust maniflods, after a month I incerted a Dynomax Ultraflow SS muffler into the driver side exit of the rear section of the exhaust. Got rid of the drone and I loved it. Last winter I added FLP LTs with cats and the noise was back up to untolerable, so now I hadve added a second muffler (Borla X1-r) into the I pipe of the LM to replace the "Resonator.

Cat-Back Summary:
My exhaust sounds great
My exhaust is Heavy as hell
My exhaust Hangs way to Low
My exhaust was expensive as hell

In final summary- dont get LM unless you are looking for NASCAR loud exhaust.

-Nick
Old 04-26-2003, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: The Heaviest most Expensive cat-back made....

Not to mention a local guy's Loudmouth is rusted so bad it looks like it's from a 1969 camaro, and SLP refuses to do anything about it.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

SLP seems to have a problem fixing anything that does not do what they say it will.
Old 04-26-2003, 12:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LM = GRAINTRUCK

it isnt bad at all with cats and stock manifolds, but after that, oh god is it bad. do a dynomouth if you wnat that kind of sound, cheaper and more smooth.
Old 04-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Gev
TECH Addict

In funal summary- dont get LM unless you are looking for NASCAR loud exhaust.
That's EXACTLY what I want! hehehehe
Old 04-26-2003, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

In funal summary- dont get LM unless you are looking for NASCAR loud exhaust.
That's EXACTLY what I want! hehehehe
Then look no further. I have a 1 Lane enclosed tunnel by my house, and in 1st gear @5500 RPM with the windows down you would swear that you were at the Daytona 500 - No ****
Old 04-26-2003, 02:55 PM
TECH Resident

I'm running SLP lt's with the Loudmouth and no cats. Its almost painfully loud. One thing that I'm curious about is though, between 2,000rpm and about 2,600rpm it makes a "wap wap wap wap" sound. Then settles back down. My car is a 6speed. Thats the best I can describe it. I'm basically running openheaders. Anyone one else with this combo?
Old 04-26-2003, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm running SLP lt's with the Loudmouth and no cats. Its almost painfully loud. One thing that I'm curious about is though, between 2,000rpm and about 2,600rpm it makes a "wap wap wap wap" sound. Then settles back down. My car is a 6speed. Thats the best I can describe it. I'm basically running openheaders. Anyone one else with this combo?
The sound you are talking about it coming from your LTs. With Long Tubes you can hear each individual exhaust pulse hit the bottom of the collector. With my setup the sound lasted from about 3200-4000 then leveled back out. Yours is probably more noticeable lower in the RPM range because of !cats. I cant imagine what it sounds like with no cats on top of LTs and LM .
Old 04-27-2003, 02:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I had Jet-Hot's/ORY/LM. It was its loudest from 2300-2500. The rasp (wap,wap,wap sound) was so loud that it was worse than the thing at 6000 rpm. Once you got past the rasp it sounded unreal, very metallic. Overall true duals sound much better. NO RASP (insert graemlin, but I don't see any). The duals still scream pretty good when I hit it.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:52 AM
TECH Resident

Thanks for clearing up the "wap wap wap" sound guys. Another thing that takes getting use to with this setup..is the smell with the lack of cats. Its one heck of a smell.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Smells good don't it. I kinda like it, especially since mine exits under the car.
Old 04-27-2003, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Ya nothing beats the smell. It kinda clings to your clothes if you get to much of it. How's your ground clearance with true duals? I have the eibach prokit with my slp's..I have 4 fingers worth of ground clearance hehehe.
Old 04-28-2003, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't really mind the rasp anymore since I changed my LT over to a Dynomouth. It's still there but I can avoid it by just shifting early. It's nice to have the rasp sometimes when you want to intimidate other people. Nothing else sounds like it at WOT either which is to say it's about the loudest exhaust. I like it loud though.
Old 04-28-2003, 09:17 AM
TECH Addict

Ya nothing beats the smell. It kinda clings to your clothes if you get to much of it. How's your ground clearance with true duals? I have the eibach prokit with my slp's..I have 4 fingers worth of ground clearance hehehe.
I'm not lowered, and am running 2.5 true duals. I have about 4-4.5 invhes of groung clearance at the center of the X.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:19 AM
On The Tree

Your thread subject makes it sound as though the LM is the heaviest and most expensive cat-back made, when in fact it's the complete opposite. Your setup might be, but not the LM itself. Oh, and I have had absolutely no problems with any part of my system rusting. Just thought I'd throw that out in the air.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your thread subject makes it sound as though the LM is the heaviest and most expensive cat-back made, when in fact it's the complete opposite. Your setup might be, but not the LM itself. Oh, and I have had absolutely no problems with any part of my system rusting. Just thought I'd throw that out in the air.
Yeah, that is why I did not put anything about the LM in the title. Hopefully people who open the thread will take the time to read the whole thing. This is not a LM bashing thread, just letting people know that the sounds it makes after changing to things like LT's and !cats are not good. It is Loud, obnoxious, and very unrefined. If I had to compare it to something I would probably go with a Dumptruck .

-Nick