Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I Don't Think That My Catch Can Is Working Properly!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 10:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I Don't Think That My Catch Can Is Working Properly!

I installed the catch can in February, i do how ever barley drive the car, but there has never been really any amount of oil in the canisters.... WTF could be wrong with it???

The pics below, the arrows are both pointing to the left. So obvioulsy it is all coming outta the PCV first, going to the left then connected to the valley plate.

Let me know what you all think..

Old 06-23-2007, 10:12 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

If your intake manifold is coated with oil, there would be cause for concern. Is it? If not, stop worrying about it...it takes mine a while to fill up sometimes...just depends on my driving style.

You, my friend, are a car hypochondriac.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
If your intake manifold is coated with oil, there would be cause for concern. Is it? If not, stop worrying about it...it takes mine a while to fill up sometimes...just depends on my driving style.

You, my friend, are a car hypochondriac.

dunno i never checked the intake for oil. i guess i could pull the TB off and look in there. Fill up, mine has never had more than 10 drops in there..
Old 06-23-2007, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Did you leave the stone filters in? That is a common mistake.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grifter
Did you leave the stone filters in? That is a common mistake.

you mean that filters that come on the canister?? If so then Yes i did. Why, is that the problem.. no idea they were made of stone.....
Old 06-23-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
you mean that filters that come on the canister?? If so then Yes i did. Why, is that the problem.. no idea they were made of stone.....
Yeah take those out. Not sure if they're made of stone or not but they are made to catch the moisture, take those out and see if you catch anymore oil. That is a very common thing when I see people make these kind of catch cans.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

If you've never looked in the intake to see if there's oil in it then why did you put those "catch cans" on it? What in that pic is connected to the valley plate?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Grifter
Yeah take those out. Not sure if they're made of stone or not but they are made to catch the moisture, take those out and see if you catch anymore oil. That is a very common thing when I see people make these kind of catch cans.

i will go ahead and look into that.. Thanks
Old 06-23-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
If you've never looked in the intake to see if there's oil in it then why did you put those "catch cans" on it? What in that pic is connected to the valley plate?

No i have never looked into the intake to see if there was any oil at all. 3 bolts and the TB comes, not a big deal....

the tube connected to the valley plate jsut completes the flow as if the catch cans were not there. Does that help?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
No i have never looked into the intake to see if there was any oil at all. 3 bolts and the TB comes, not a big deal....

the tube connected to the valley plate jsut completes the flow as if the catch cans were not there. Does that help?
I dont know what tube you're talking about. Doesn't look like you have an LS6 valley cover to me. All you have to do is feel the back of the TB blade. If there's no oil on it than your pcv is doing its job and you wont get any oil in your catch can.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by INMY01TA
I dont know what tube you're talking about. Doesn't look like you have an LS6 valley cover to me. All you have to do is feel the back of the TB blade. If there's no oil on it than your pcv is doing its job and you wont get any oil in your catch can.

ok i will still check..

Thanks