Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP "FlowPac"?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Arrow SLP "FlowPac"?

Should I Buy It? I've Seen People Bash On It Before, But I Really Dont Know Why. It Seems Like It Works Because, Obviously, There's Others Who Love It...

New from SLP, the "FlowPac" combines our Cold-Air Induction Kit, High-Flow Air-Box Lid, F-Body Smooth Bellows, and K&N Air Filter to create a single, jointly engineered package worth up to 25 horsepower over stock. Save $30 over the cost of purchasing the parts individually!
Old 06-25-2007, 06:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can get a Lid and used FTRA for quite a bit less total. The bellows are supposed to be kinda problematic (causing lids to crack, fitment) and for 50 bucks, seems a rip off. $50 bones for a filter is also bunk to me when the 8 dollar paper filter serves basically the same purpose.

Lid + FTRA + some pipe insulation with glue already on it for my seal and bada bing.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I Dunno, I Read Up On The FTRA And That Whole "Rain" In Your Lid Scares The **** Outta Me. Where I Travel, There Are Lots Of Potbholes Around...
Old 06-25-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

to much damn money! just get a lid and free ram air mod
Old 06-25-2007, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have it, it was one of the first mods I did to mine. For the cost was the actual gain worth it? I dont know. But I dont regret buying it. My car was definately stronger after the install, so I was happy. There have been many threads over this issue with the flowpack, ftra, and ssra....the bottom line to me is they all preform better than just a lid alone. So take it for what its worth, if you can afford to spend a little extra go for it.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

for what it's worth...

i have the SSRA ...which has a much lower intake scoope than the SLP unit or the FTRA.

i've driven on the highway in near blinding rain....during a hurricane...and i pulled over under an overpass, pulled the lid off and found no evidence of any water inside the air box.

you'll be fine with the "rain issue"...

but i agree...just get a lid and then do the ram air setup later if you want
Old 06-26-2007, 02:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i was going to to get one it wouldnt bethe SLP one!
Old 06-26-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

i have the flo-pac, no complaints, cant beat the factory look, feel and finish, but the bellows sux, i had mine on for about 2 weeks and went back to the stock piece, but everything else is on and working great
Old 06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

the flow pac is a great item, it is al in one, It was also one of my first mods, and I would do it again. Also the rain issue, is with the lower two piece ram, no water with the slp unit, if your interested in one, I have one on ebay for 250 shipped. As far as the filter, some say it gets nothing, some say it does, personally I feel the breath better, but the is my opinion. also I hate to support slp, but they buy far have the better ram air, as it is stainless and metal not plastic, also, I have never seen one of their lids crack, which is more than I can say about mti's.