Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP Loudmouth

ok i've got a question but you all have probly heard a thousand times but o well. i've got an off road Y-pipe and i'm looking to get the SLP loudmouth. my question is what results will i get out of this. i've heard thu some freinds i will lose low end power??? Also how loud will this be?? How will it sound? main this is will i lose any low end power?
Old 05-29-2003, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

Default Re: SLP Loudmouth

You lose a little low end, but can really feel the pull in the higher rpm's.

Oh, and its gonna be loud as hell
Old 05-29-2003, 05:06 PM
Launching!

lose low end? Uh ya .. why does everyone say that? It so untrue ... If anyone tells u you need backpressure for more HP that person is full of ****. I have the Loudmouth on my car is its F()!@&#(!* SICK!
Old 05-29-2003, 05:58 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't notice any low end power loss at all. If there is indeed any it's not enough to feel.
I have SLP Long Tubes with a set of Random Tech cats and the Loudmouth. If you wonder is it loud? Quick story. I'm out on the highway and my friend pulls up next to me at a light on a clear quiet night around 11 pm. So I floor it off the light just to make him a little deaf. My friend calls me from the beach probably just shy of a half mile away and asks me. "Hey was that you shifting into second I just heard?"
Old 05-29-2003, 06:04 PM
TECH Veteran

If you don't have cats not only will it be extreeeeeemly loud it will have a ton of rasp! If you don't mind all the evil glares go for it.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have the SLP LM with gutted cats. It might be a little raspy but I love it. It's loud as fawk and I get alot of compliments on it. The gutted cats it just a cheap and temporary alternative until I can afford long-tubes with off road pipes. I didn't notice any low end power loss after gutting them and my car pulls hard as shyt thru the top end. I was trapping at 112 before I gutted them. Hopefully if thr weather holds out I can get a few runs in at the track tomorrow night. But lately any time I wash my car or attempt to go to the track it rains.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't notice any low end power loss at all. If there is indeed any it's not enough to feel.
I have SLP Long Tubes with a set of Random Tech cats and the Loudmouth. If you wonder is it loud? Quick story. I'm out on the highway and my friend pulls up next to me at a light on a clear quiet night around 11 pm. So I floor it off the light just to make him a little deaf. My friend calls me from the beach probably just shy of a half mile away and asks me. "Hey was that you shifting into second I just heard?"
Old 05-30-2003, 08:46 AM
On The Tree

That Beach story Rocks man! gave me a good Laugh, and thats excatly what i'm looking for something that will turn some head letting them know they dont stand a chance!!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:29 AM
TECH Veteran

yep....loose a little low end but get lots more up top......and its REALLY loud....
Old 06-03-2003, 07:53 PM
Launching!

I still have cats and the stock manifolds so your results might be different than mine.

I am not sure and have no way to prove it but I seemed to have gained more low end torque after my LoudMouth install from SOTP feel. No science here, just the old buttometer.

I have a theory why most people say they loose low end power and I think it relates to the loudness of the exhaust. Right after the install, the car was much louder and it soundsd like I was going faster or on it harder than when I had the stock exhaust. I got used to the sound of my stock exhaust and I could guage how hard I was pushing the car by the amount of sound from the exhaust. With the LoudMouth, the sound is much louder than the stock exhaust at the same rpm and I think my mind was playing tricks on me and making me think that I was on it harder when I really wasn't which made me think I had lost power. After I realized that I getting off it sooner because of the loudness, I started watching the tach and pushing it like before and noticed much improved low end power. Off the line acceleration improved a great deal, even with my 2.73 gears and the sound is excellent.
Old 06-03-2003, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

I am getting the Kooks headers along with the Random Tech Y pipe. I will be keeping the LM on since it is nowhere near loud enough. I want to keep it somewhat legal with the cats, but still should be loud as all hell.

If theres too much rasp/drone you're too old

Mark
Old 06-04-2003, 03:11 AM
Teching In

hey guys im looking into getting the loudmouth. but how good of a performance will i get with the slp longtubes and the y-pipe and high flow cats...
Old 06-04-2003, 04:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

i got the loudmouth with mac headers and no cats. man u can u say loud. kids love it adults tend to comment on it saying it is to loud. i love it and am not changin ne thign. the only thing that sucks is when police around it is 5 or 6th for me.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth