Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some Loudmouth advice.....Please

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 08:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lightbulb Need some Loudmouth advice.....Please

I started out with a bolt on only 346 with 57000 miles on my '99 A4 T/A with Loudmouth I. Rasp and drone wore me out.

Switched to Loudmouth II bullet muffler.....Better but still alot of drone. Good enough to live with.

Put on CNC 243s from Patriot, TR224, LS6 intake, custom tune, Fuddle 3400 da da da.

Holy ****!!!!!!! Worse than LM I. Could not deal with rasp and drone.

Ordered Borla XR 1 and now have a Borla Mouth. Much better but still need a little less rage.

The problem is that I live in a rural area and any time I feel like a little launch or high rpm rip the whole frickin' county knows and whines. Tired of being limited by the noise.

I know I could go to Magnalow or Hooker cat back but real ly hate to cut up my perfectly good system.

I would like some advice on how to get more control with my existing system without losing too much HP.

Mufflers at the tailpipes before the tips?

Baffles/cones at the collectors?

Thanks in advance
Old 09-18-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just.. dont understand why everybody dslikes the loudmouth.. i got Head/cam car.. no cats, lt's and lm1 an d i frigging love it!
Old 09-18-2007, 08:27 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a LM2 on my car when I got it and tried changing to a spiral flow to kill the drone much like you did. It helped, but just wouldn't give it a good sound. My advice would be to sell your LM system and buy a magnaflow. It is the most cost effective solution. I sold my LM2 for $325 and bought my magnaflow for $330.

You are limited due to the size restriction of the muffler with a bullet setup. You will never tone it down enough with a single muffler and your only option is to add more mufflers or change catbacks. By adding more mufflers you're costing yourself more $$ and may not end up with you want in the end anyway.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Since you've already gone the heads/cam route you should look into running duals with an x or h pipe. It will most likely be the only way to get the sound you are looking for.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

I love the way mine sounds? Does adding heads increase the volume of the sound or what? I would suggest magnaflow or duels
Old 09-18-2007, 10:16 PM
On The Tree

As much as you're looking to town down what you've got, it'll be more efficient if you change a few things around. TD's are one way you can do it. You can never go wrong with them.... You can perhaps + a muffler...
Old 09-21-2007, 06:30 PM
TECH Regular

Default LM-Borla

Thank you for the replies. First, other than the drone I love the LM II. I just live in an area that calls the cops if they see or hear anyone having fun.

I am getting to like the Borlamouth. It can be controlled but rips if you want.

Thanks for the ideas. I will do true duals this winter with the appropriate mufflers.

Any ideas on mufflers for duals????????????????????????

I love the Guinness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-21-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sell it! Buy a Magnaflow.