Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what kind of gains yall!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what kind of gains yall!!

im getting loudmouth exhaust definitely. i was also thinking about getting slp longtube headers!! will i get damn good gains out of this set up!!OR is there a better longtube header besides slp. i want the header that will give me power. i also gotta run with cats so im somewhat legal. thanks..
Old 06-05-2003, 06:03 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: what kind of gains yall!!

there's no point on getting the long tubes if you have to run the cats, get the shorty's, they'll bolt right up!
Old 06-05-2003, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

What year is your car? There is little point in getting the shorties, doubt you will notice a gain with them. Go for the LT'S and a high flow cat if you have to have them.
Old 06-05-2003, 09:45 AM
Teching In

i own a 2000 Z28. and yeah i do plan on getting a high flow cat. but i wanna know which long tube header will give me the best power. i know its gonna be loud just cuz of the loudmouth alone. but i wanna know if im set with performance by getting the slp longtubes with y-pipe and cats.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Honestly even though I have the SLP's I would recommend Kooks or QTP for the extra hp you will get, back when I got my SLP there was no real proof that one LT was better than the next, now with all these dyno numbers and with all the sponsors saying that the SLP LT's leave some to be desired I would go ahead and get Kooks or QTP so down the road you are not kicking yourself. The one thing I like about the SLP's though is that they look like they did the day I intalled them and they don't bang, rub etc. This is kind of a moot point though cause the Kooks Qtp's can be had in stainless and fit better than the SLP's!!
Old 06-05-2003, 06:54 PM
Teching In

yeah qtp was my second choice. if i run with qtp headers should i go with their y-pipe with cats as well, or just get their headers but another brands y-pipe with cats?
Old 06-05-2003, 10:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

for hp, i heard the grott's are good but only about 2-4 hp more but the money diff is way more, i have hooker lt's and they were really easy and bolted right up. and they sound great.
Old 06-05-2003, 10:44 PM
TECH Addict

grotts are not made anymore. Now QTP, PPC, THUNDER racing has takent he grott design and improved it.
I would look at FLP's too.
Old 06-05-2003, 11:30 PM
Teching In

i just did some research and on ls1 info they polled the best header and with like close to 900 votes slp longtubes came out on top. that was with mac, flp and hookers as well. and also there was 2 articles i just read about and 1 it had a 00 Ws6 and an 00 Z28. the Ws6 had the slp installed in it with y-pipe and the Z28 had hooker with no cats. and the slp put more power to the wheels. so im actually thinking bout getting slp. and from the people that ive emailed who had slp they say it performs bad a$$....
Old 06-05-2003, 11:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Most people that own slp love them...cause...well they own them. They are nice...if that is all your gonna do to mod the car, slp or hookers will be fine. If you plan to continue to mod..Id be thinking qtp, more performance or kooks. If is about the looks..go with coated, not stainless.
Old 06-06-2003, 12:36 AM
Teching In

yeah man...im definitely gonna run with slp. ive seen more articles with slp posting their gains to the wheels than i have with any other header out there. maybe the only big thing i plan to do is port and polish my Z28's heads. and later on down the road maybe supercharge it...but thanks guys...definitely slp though..