Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone ever heard of this thing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever heard of this thing?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...172351077&rd=1
Old 10-28-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yessssir pretty much a copy of the typhoon intake
Old 10-28-2007, 03:31 PM
Launching!

there are all kinds of posts on that do a search and you will probley find a book written about it on here by now.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like a typhoone intake manifold.

edit,
Wow, you guys answered while I was typing!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:36 PM
TECH Regular

ok Is it worth buying or should I get a FAST? This seems a whole lot cheaper. What are the pros and cons?
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

yeah, it seems like a damn nice alternative, they have a matching 85mm TB that goes with it for a $160!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 04:57 AM
TECH Addict

Definitely a choice if you're going boosted or nitrous as you will not have the intake explosion problems with an aluminum intake vs plastic. They shown results on their website (Professional Products) of increased power with the Typhoon over a stock LS6 intake. The bottom plate of the intake is also removeable for further interior porting if you like.

I had one of these intakes for my second TA when I was gonna install nitrous - ended up leaving car stock and selling the intake/TB. The intakes look good, polished versions are nicely polished. These intakes do not use the stock o-ring style gaskets -they use flat 'old style' gaskets. Some have had problems ever getting them to seal - others no problems. I never got to the install so I can't say either way.

Only thing you have to look out for is that a certain time in their production the gaskets were of the wrong type (sealing problems), vacuum fittings would physically not work (interference with oil sending unit), missing some hardware fasteners, fuel rails were blue not red as in all advertising pics, some of the fuel line parts were missing/incorrect.

All of the intakes purchased directly thru PP will have all the new/latest revision of the above items so there should be no problem with install.

However, if you buy from someone other than directly from PP - it's a crap shoot. PP put out a letter to all they supplied way back when to return the intakes for new upgraded versions - but many just ignore those letters and sell the versions they have. I actually bought mine from a reputable sponsor here and got the old version with none of the upgrades

I called PP and was taken care of immediately - they sent out all new revised parts needed for free - so I can say nothing but good about their customer service.

Just wanted to let ya know - if you buy from someone other than PP directly (such as an eBay company) - you might have to go thru the hassle of getting all the new parts needed.

Unfortunately, that auction does not show any of the parts in question so there is no way of knowing - and if you ask, of course they're gonna say it's the new version just to make the sale (or probably wouldn't know their *** from a hole in the ground anyway).

In the end, it is a nice budget alternative to an LS6 plastic intake (as well as their 85mm TB) - but not gonna compare in any way to performance gains afforded by a FAST90/NW90 - you get what you pay for and you gotta pay to play

Below are some pice from my for sale thread that show PP intake and 85mm TB with newest revision parts:

Last edited by 1QUIKWS6; 10-30-2007 at 05:04 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice intake.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

heat soak anyone?
Old 10-30-2007, 11:25 AM
Banned

i like that throttle body looks nice intake doesnt look to bad ether how hp u get from this intake ?