Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Watershielding 02 extensions?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Watershielding 02 extensions?

Well, I recently put in some Hedman LTs in my car and had to extend the 02 sensor lines and get it tuned. Yesterday we had a downpoor of rain. While driving the car would just randomly bog and have almost no power, then every once in a while it would just kick in and run as normal. Then it threw a P0300 random misfire code. I took it to Kragen and cleared it. It has only done it a few times today but has been running much better. I'm sure it has to do with my heat wrapping job I did on the extended 02s. Is there a good product to shield extended 02s? I just hate having the car run like crap then have your neck jerk back when it decides to run normal. Whiplash is not my friend.

Thanks!

Last edited by Halloran; 10-30-2007 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Resident

Get used to it, its just one of those things some of us battle with, like me. I avoid puddles at almost all costs when I drive my car. It seemed I killed one almost once a month in the rainy season. Albeit they were under warranty, it was still annoying. Last time it happened, I just cleared the code when it would pop up and I would drive the car anyway, after one or two times of that, it never came back. So maybe it just takes a little driving to get it all nice and dry again, then all is well, I dunno.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:35 PM
TECH Resident

Did you use premade extensions or did you solder your own? I've never had a problem with my Casper's extensions. They use weather packs like the OEMs.