Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ORY pipe question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 10:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ORY pipe question

I have SLP LM1, and im wanting to get an ORY, but I dont want/cant get headers right now. Can I get a ORY that bolts up to the stock manifolds? Any suggestions on which ORY? Also, what will all will need to be done to remove the SES light?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Resident

Honestly, I think you would be better off saving your money. Especially if your intentions are to put headers on your car in the future.

I had the SLP on my car when I bought it. When I put headers and an ORY on, it went into the trash.

To answer your question, though....

yes you can get a y-pipe that bolts to the stock manifolds. SLP makes one and I do believe Borla makes one.

Try the sponsors.>>>>>>>>>>>

Maryland Speed has a big SLP inventory. I bought my Jethot's from him at a great price.

Welcome to the board.

R/

Frat
Old 12-03-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

i have the SLP y-pipe and LM on my car and i could feel the difference. it's worth it in my opinion cause it bolts up to the cats, not the manifolds so no SES light will come up.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:02 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by King Nothing
i have the SLP y-pipe and LM on my car and i could feel the difference. it's worth it in my opinion cause it bolts up to the cats, not the manifolds so no SES light will come up.
did you notice much difference in sound with the SLP y pipe?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RarePurpWS6
did you notice much difference in sound with the SLP y pipe?
YEP what year is you're WS6? 98-02 stock y-pipes are flat like a pancake on the drivers side so a new y-pipe opens it up for more sound to travel through and more exhaust to get out . . . more air in more air out is what you want
Old 12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by King Nothing
YEP what year is you're WS6? 98-02 stock y-pipes are flat like a pancake on the drivers side so a new y-pipe opens it up for more sound to travel through and more exhaust to get out . . . more air in more air out is what you want
Mines a 98, and the factory pipe is way too flat like you said. Any way I could hear yours, you have clips or anything?
Old 12-03-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by RarePurpWS6
Mines a 98, and the factory pipe is way too flat like you said. Any way I could hear yours, you have clips or anything?
i'll have a sound clip this weekend when i get it dyno tuned . . . actually!!!!!!

here ya go
Old 12-03-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Addict

The SLP Y that is being talked about does not delete your cats,,you still have to have them on your car,,so if you are wanting an ORY,,,,this is not the answer (I dont know if anyone makes a ORY for stockers)
Old 12-03-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
The SLP Y that is being talked about does not delete your cats,,you still have to have them on your car,,so if you are wanting an ORY,,,,this is not the answer (I dont know if anyone makes a ORY for stockers)
cleared this up but thank you for backin it up
Old 12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
ohhhhh, thats what I was really wondering too. If I wasnt going ORY, I was gonna go with a catted Y. Does that have the same story as the ORY, will I HAVE to get longtubes?
Old 12-03-2007, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

not sure there either (catted Y for stock headers)
Old 12-03-2007, 02:02 PM
TECH Veteran

if you want to keep your cats and not deal with removing them and gettin a tune SLP's y-pipe hooks up t your cats and usually most muffler shops can make you a custom one that'll hook up to your cats