Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: What ya think?
works
0%
Kooks
36.59%
Qtp
12.20%
Hooker
12.20%
ARH
34.15%
black2002ws6
4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

header ground clearance

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default header ground clearance

Gotta be stainless. Want to know how well they tuck and the fitment of these went. what kinda ground clearance you got out of them. maybe a measurement of of how much ya got with the headers you have. These are the ones that i have been researching and have done many searches on this but havnt really found much of anything. Would be appreciated with anything you can right. even if your lowered you can add your ground clearance now to what the drop springs are rated at and give me an estimate. Any other headers ya got an opinion on go ahead and let it out. Stainless only though plz.

Works
Kooks
QTP
Hooker
ARH
black2002ws6
Old 03-16-2008, 07:32 PM
12 Second Club

I love the way my QTP headers fit. They are great. They tuck up in nice and clear everything very nice.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:58 PM
On The Tree

I voted ARH. I just put mine in and they went in like a dream. And ground clearance is great. Couldnt be happier than I am with these.
Old 03-16-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mmm, you might find this funny but the ebay headers on the blue tarp fit great and had even better ground clearence, and they are stainless
Old 03-17-2008, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1 for hooker
Old 03-17-2008, 02:03 PM
TECH Regular

QTP Based on my expirience
Old 03-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have QTP's, so that's the only header I can give you measurements on. I'm on stock ride height. Here's my collectors vs. a soda can:

Plenty of room for me. I don't know how great it would be if your car was lowered, but I have no issues.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

I voted Kooks.....I've seen quite a few and they tucked up real nice. I got my Mac's because of ground clearance but if I ever decide to go LT's, Kook's will be what I'll get.
Old 03-17-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Resident

Kooks get my vote.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

I really think using an object below the vehicle is silly to show ground clearance, because it's relative to that vehicle. The stacked factory build tolerances as well as suspension changes just don't make it legitimate test for me. How close it is to the ground will change, but how close it is to the floorpan or how far below the oilpan, rocker panels, etc might be a better test.

With that said, I've only had Grotyohann's and ARH's, and the ARH's have much better ground clearance. I vote ARH because I don't have experience with the other brands.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JimMueller
I really think using an object below the vehicle is silly to show ground clearance, because it's relative to that vehicle. The stacked factory build tolerances as well as suspension changes just don't make it legitimate test for me. How close it is to the ground will change, but how close it is to the floorpan or how far below the oilpan, rocker panels, etc might be a better test.

With that said, I've only had Grotyohann's and ARH's, and the ARH's have much better ground clearance. I vote ARH because I don't have experience with the other brands.
He says FACTORY GC so what else do you want?? Gotta use a benchmark (pepsi can) everyone is familiar with too. Thanks CT. It was helpful.
Old 03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Resident

Well, since we're speaking of ground clearance, we should probably use an object that clearly shows ground clearance, like a soda can. Measuring the distance from the collector to the floorboard does nothing to show ground clearance.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Launching!

How is a soda can "silly"? Soda cans (whether its a beer can or soda) are all the same height, so they are not relative to any vehicle.
This is why many people use cans as a basis for comparison.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts

My intended point was that the amount of ground clearance can vary. Some F-bodies look like 4x4's from the factory, others don't. Those that have more clearance from the factory, for whatever reason, would show more clearance for the can. So could tire sidewall height, etc.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=JimMueller;8947620]Right, because nobody comments about how some stock vehicles have the 4x4 look and others don't, and they all came with the same suspension options ... thus they all must be the same ride height. This wasn't specifically directed at the poster, just something which has always irked me. I would merely suggest providing another numerical height reference (fender height or rocker panel height for instance) in addition to the photo. That's all.[/QUOTE

You are right. I should take a mesurement now to see if I get sag in the coming years. I have always used fender height, Will do tommrrow. Right after the drop I beieve I measured 26.5"
Old 03-17-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

my xs have great ground clearance, stock ride height. i would love to upgrade to QTP though
Old 03-18-2008, 01:32 AM
Tech Resident

My intended point was that the amount of ground clearance can vary. Some F-bodies look like 4x4's from the factory, others don't. Those that have more clearance from the factory, for whatever reason, would show more clearance for the can. So could tire sidewall height, etc.
By that same logic, the motor mounts sag over time, causing the collectors to fall further and further away from the floorboard. The soda can still proves to be the best method, no matter what.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Default thanx

thanx to everyone on the help. im stuck b/w the arh and the qtps. was the 2 i have been considering for awhile. the slp just hang to low for me.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

pacesetter?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Default only way im goin

stainless only

Quick Reply: header ground clearance