Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gmmg

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 01:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gmmg

Where can you buy this? The only place I can find it is on their website. Do any other sponsors offer GMMG catbacks?
Old 05-18-2008, 05:48 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nope.only gmmg,but u migt find them i nthe for sale section here
Old 05-18-2008, 07:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just get it from GMMG most people want to sell like if the exhaust is new.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

ok thanks, sure is expensive, but I think worth it.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts

GMMG is a nice sounding exhaust, I'd rather spend my money on something less expensive like a hooker or magnaflow CB which will sound better IMHO once you got LTs and O/R Y.....

If you are worried about price search the classifieds
Old 05-18-2008, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

http://www.coloradolsx.com/forum/vie...php?f=12&t=658
Old 05-18-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

GMMG exhaust is overpriced........IMO
Old 05-19-2008, 06:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Kingc8r
GMMG is a nice sounding exhaust, I'd rather spend my money on something less expensive like a hooker or magnaflow CB which will sound better IMHO once you got LTs and O/R Y.....

If you are worried about price search the classifieds
dude you wont get much from a hooker for that price maybe a ******* if she's good lookin . . . now the exhaust is cool but just a tad over priced
Old 05-19-2008, 07:20 AM
12 Second Club

I've got GMMG Catback, and I like the sound and all but the fitment is eh ok I cant to modify some things.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Basically from what I've heard it's down between the GMMG and true duals. I got inspections to worry about here so that's why I was leaning toward GMMG. And I have been searching classifieds, which is not always good because I find something else to spend my money on. lol
Old 05-19-2008, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

+1 I like duals for power and the sound is awesome especially if you got a cam .
Old 05-19-2008, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by snake charmer
+1 I like duals for power and the sound is awesome especially if you got a cam .
I've heard TD arnt worth the trouble unless you plan on going for BIG numbers.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grn4fbody
I've heard TD arnt worth the trouble unless you plan on going for BIG numbers.
my header-back true duals cost about as much as a GMMG cat-back. and also figure in the cost of a y-pipe if you go with a cat-back, rather than just headers if you go with true-duals. the only thing is you have to find a shop that does it right. i dont really like the sound of a GMMG with headers and an ORY, but they're about the best sounding exhaust out there with stock manifolds.

p.s. that is if you meant the cost as trouble.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by dutinsss
my header-back true duals cost about as much as a GMMG cat-back. and also figure in the cost of a y-pipe if you go with a cat-back, rather than just headers if you go with true-duals. the only thing is you have to find a shop that does it right. i dont really like the sound of a GMMG with headers and an ORY, but they're about the best sounding exhaust out there with stock manifolds.

That and the massive lack of groud clearnace
Old 05-19-2008, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I bought my gmmg used for a fair price. I love it even on my stock manifolds, cats, and y-pipe. Sounds like a gm muscle car should now. I heard it on the guy I bought it from's car first with a 228 cam, pacesetters, and ory and it sounded mean on start up and idle. WOT though sounded like the gates of hell had opened. I'm gonna do a catted y-pipe with cutouts before the cats when I do my QTP headers.
Old 05-19-2008, 09:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 801 Likes on 611 Posts

If you want something less expensive go with the stainless Gibson from LM Performance.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by dutinsss

That's what I pretty much thought. I really like the sound of the true duals better. I keep trying to talk myself out of the true duals but the only thing I can come up with is clearence and passing inspections, but I think I can get trough those problems.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Grn4fbody
That and the massive lack of groud clearnace
like i said, you have to find a shop that knows what they are doing. my duals are only low where they go under the axle, which was my mistake when i told the exhaust man to run it that way instead of over the axle, but now that i look at it, he could have run one pipe over each side of the axle and i'd be much better off. in fact, the way my pipes are run, it can be converted to over the axle pretty easily. but its only low where it goes under the axle and when i go over a speed bump, the rear tires hit first and pick the car up so i dont scrape. in fact, the only time i have scraped is when the car was fully loaded with people, it never does when theres just 2 people in it. i'm not saying anything bad about y-pipes, its just that if you get duals run right, they CAN be cheaper, and sound better than a y-pipe. IMO

and so that i'm being perfectly fair, a good thing about y-pipes is that they can be had in stainless steal if that is important to you, where-as stainless true duals would cost you a fortune to be custom made.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

TD's over any header catback combo IMO...i did mine myself and you can't have much worse ground clearance than i have but i still never scrape or bottom out...just cant drive fast over speed bumps and you have to dodge potholes....worth the loss of ground clearance in every way..i have 200 dollars in my TD's and i have yet to heard a stock internals ls1 motor sound better than my car IMO and most of my friends opinions..
Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by thislswon
TD's over any header catback combo IMO...i did mine myself and you can't have much worse ground clearance than i have but i still never scrape or bottom out...just cant drive fast over speed bumps and you have to dodge potholes....worth the loss of ground clearance in every way..i have 200 dollars in my TD's and i have yet to heard a stock internals ls1 motor sound better than my car IMO and most of my friends opinions..
did you get the pipes and bend them yourself? what mufflers did you go with? i didnt do mine myself, but i went with single chambers and an H-pipe.