Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter Y Pipe????

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 08:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Default Pacesetter Y Pipe????

Man, i am curious as to whether or not this thing will work??
Can't seem to figure it out.
It comes in 2 pieces all mounting hardwear guess we'll see when i get the headers......
Currently have the LGM Y pipe. Maybe i can use it....
Old 08-10-2003, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Pacesetter Y Pipe????

I just finished installing my Pacesetter headers and ORY pipe. I ran in to a few problems with the install. 1) They didn't flair two ends of the ORY pipe. This wasn't a big deal, just a trip to the muffler shop to get them flaired. 2) The connection for the air tube on the drivers side was mis-clocked. I had to customize my air tube to make it fit. 3) There were two holes (the ones that are close together in the center of the flange) on the drivers side header that were mis-drilled. I used the factory gasket as a template to drill the holes in the correct location. This means that I have two open holes in my header flange but they are sealed by the gasket and shouldn't cause a problem. If I had noticed this prior to starting my install I would have returned the headers.

My advice to anyone that purchases Pacesetter headers, check everything very carefully prior to starting the installation.

I hope you have better luck with yours.

Old 08-11-2003, 11:00 AM
Launching!

The front passengers side of my y-pipe wasn't flaired either, so it wouldn't join with the shorter connector piece. I have to get that widened to fit.
Old 08-11-2003, 11:12 AM
Teching In

This is what I was looking for. There has been very little info on these headers. The price point is good but what about quality? I know you usually get what you pay for. Also I know they are on let's hurry and get them out status so that usually leads to mistakes. Anymore comments would be appreciated.
Old 08-11-2003, 01:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Trust me!! I'll keep everyone posted, however it turns out.
Old 09-11-2003, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

My PaceSetters came in with NO AIR holes in them. Meaning I have no place to mount my AIR tubes into the headers. I'm either going to have to ditch the whole AIR system, or drill/modify the headers to insert the AIR tubes back in place. Any recommendations on that...let me know!

Talon77
Old 09-12-2003, 12:14 AM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

My PaceSetters came in with NO AIR holes in them. Meaning I have no place to mount my AIR tubes into the headers. I'm either going to have to ditch the whole AIR system, or drill/modify the headers to insert the AIR tubes back in place. Any recommendations on that...let me know!

Talon77
You need the 00-02 headers to mount the AIR tubes (if desired), it sounds like you have the 98-02 off-road version. More people order the off-road version than anything else though, it really cleans up the underhood area without Air tubes and EGR.

There were a bunch of y-pipes that Pacesetter paid us to have an exhaust shop flare and they said that they fixed that problem after those first few.
Old 09-12-2003, 06:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Just installed my Pacesetters yesterday. the header install was done in 2 1/2 hrs. I mean ready to run which I did to hear the cam through open headers But just like others the ORP had to have the end that connects to the catback I pipe widend to slide over. But even including the time at the muffler shop it was 4 hrs 10 mins for the install and that included cleaning up. I am fortunate to work at a shop with lifts and all the tools you could possibly need but the headers themselfs were a perfect fit. P.S. I did remove the AIR system and that was included in the install time. I love these headers
Old 09-12-2003, 12:43 PM
12 Second Club

Yes we will have double install experience by Sunday, won't we Ken I need to take my Y up to Andy's today before I forget.