Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NE1 running dual cutouts, FLPs, ORPs/cats, & x-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2003, 11:10 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default NE1 running dual cutouts, FLPs, ORPs/cats, & x-pipe?

Let me explain a bit...this is what I wanted to do and I was wondering if anyone is using this setup or planned to. I wanted to keep my FLP headers and not modify any of the kit. I wanted to run (a) dual cutouts either after the collectors or (b) after the off road pipes/cats whichever Im using. With that, I wanted to run an x-pipe. If I ran the cutouts after the collectors, how would I mount them on there? If was to run them after the off road pipes/cats, then how would they be mounted. The only solution that I had is for (b), and thats mounting it to the front side (closes to the engine) of the x-pipe. So if I ever removed the x-pipe, the cutouts would be mounted on the front sides of the x-pipe. I rather run them after the collectors if possible and if its healthy. If not them I guess its plan (b) if possible. Im sure any of this is possible but its going to take a lot of fabrication! Anyone doing something similar to what Im talking about or hopefully even the same? Any help is appreciated! Thanks and here's to everyone...
Old 08-26-2003, 10:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: NE1 running dual cutouts, FLPs, ORPs/cats, & x-pipe?

This may not be exactly what your looking for but might give you some ideas.. http://www.geocities.com/sqwznss/y_pipe.html
Old 08-26-2003, 10:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: NE1 running dual cutouts, FLPs, ORPs/cats, & x-pipe?

That would be a good way to do it if you just wanted the cut-out part, but if I understand this correctly, you also want to run an X-pipe off of theose cut-outs correct? I have to imagine that with a little inginuity that you could do it, but it will be a very tight fit. Good luck with it, and let us know if all goes well