Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Difference in ported TB

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 11:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference in ported TB

I just ordered the TR230 and I am also going with a ported throttle body. Is there really any difference in the ones available? (Shanner, Bauer, Thunder Racing, etc.)

They are all about the same price and I was just curious if there was a difference in quality, performance, etc.
Old 08-26-2003, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Difference in ported TB

Bauer seems to have the most thorough porting and best quality, and theres one on my car
Old 08-26-2003, 02:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine was ported by Bauer as well.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

I have the Thunder one, they are all pretty much the same performance wise. I know that when I ordered my Thunder TB on a Thursday, it was at my house on Monday afternoon!! The last one I ordered from "someone" else took 3 weeks!!! And took even longer than that to get the credit on my core.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:19 PM
On The Tree

I have the Thunder one, they are all pretty much the same performance wise. I know that when I ordered my Thunder TB on a Thursday, it was at my house on Monday afternoon!! The last one I ordered from "someone" else took 3 weeks!!! And took even longer than that to get the credit on my core.
That's exactly what I'm worried about. I'm also getting a TR cam so I'm sure their TB will work well with it.
Old 08-26-2003, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah not sure which is actually better... but Thunder's Service is too great to pass up. I ordered to TBs, shipped out the day I ordered and the core charge were back and AVAILABLE in my account 2 days after UPS said they got the old TBs back--which means they must have credited my account the day they got the cores!
Old 08-31-2003, 02:14 PM
Banned

The one big difference between Thunder and us is that Thunder has alot of TB cores laying on the shelf. We don't.

One reason why is that the TB's are all custom done for customers, different exterior options make that the case. On top of that when you send in a TB you get your TB back with all the same parts on it.

If you look at the two TB's there is a difference in the amount of work done. The Epoxy, adjustable throttle stop mod are just some of the extras that we hav over them.

Bret Bauer
Old 08-31-2003, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Brett,
What if we can not have our car down while waiting on out TB to come back? Will you do a TB swap?
Old 08-31-2003, 09:18 PM
Banned

I do have cores. There are not alot of them and they constantly come in and go out.

Bret