Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

throtle cable

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default throtle cable

I amwondering why gm didnt route it directlyto the throtle body? is there a reason why? is there any harm in connecting the tb directly to the gas pedal? is there a write up or a parts list anywhere thatl help me change i over? thanks in advance guys
Old 08-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On cable runs down the driver side front fender and into the AIR pump. This one is for your Traction control. The other 2 cables run into the cruise control setup on the passenger side by the battery. I hooked my cable directly into my TB after all of my mods were done. You just wont have cruise anymore.

P.S. Im running a 4 barrell TB and a vic JR intake. You could still make yours work if you wanted. But if it aint broke dont fix it.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Resident

I am set on changing it if its an easy switch mainly ause egr air and cruise control are all gonna get deleted as well as tcs and ps and ac in the futrue it is a project car looking to be turned into a street / strip car. every ounce of wieght I can get out of her without effecting safety or reliabilty is going to come out if I can help it. plus with one cable hopefully its one less thing to break ?
Old 08-21-2008, 10:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THROTTLEJUNKIES
On cable runs down the driver side front fender and into the AIR pump. This one is for your Traction control. The other 2 cables run into the cruise control setup on the passenger side by the battery. I hooked my cable directly into my TB after all of my mods were done. You just wont have cruise anymore.

P.S. Im running a 4 barrell TB and a vic JR intake. You could still make yours work if you wanted. But if it aint broke dont fix it.
cable on the drivers side front fender and into the AIR pump? are you sure your not talking about the hood latch cable? i also thought the traction control and cruise control are both controlled from the box on the passenger side fender at the round box
Old 08-21-2008, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by transamsam98
I am set on changing it if its an easy switch mainly ause egr air and cruise control are all gonna get deleted as well as tcs and ps and ac in the futrue it is a project car looking to be turned into a street / strip car. every ounce of wieght I can get out of her without effecting safety or reliabilty is going to come out if I can help it. plus with one cable hopefully its one less thing to break ?
HEY TRANSAMSAM98! cruise control and TCS are both controlled at the box on the passenger side fender. also the throttle cable comes out of the TCS box as well, so u will need a new throttle cable from pedal to throttle body (cable from LS car without traction control)
Old 08-21-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

so all I need is a non tcs throtle cable and I can delete and bypass all that other junk correct
Old 08-21-2008, 11:15 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by transamsam98
so all I need is a non tcs throtle cable and I can delete and bypass all that other junk correct
i think so, but dont quote me on this
Old 08-21-2008, 11:17 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the box on the lower drivers side frame rail is the cruise control box, the module on the passengers side shock tower behind the battery is the ASR/TCS module. there are plenty writeups on how to delete the ASR. idk about the cruise tho, or why you would want it gone. works just fine the way it is.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nemss1
i think so, but dont quote me on this
mind if I quote you on this lol. in responce to the why delet it question. I have never used cruise control in any car ive ever driven so deleting it will clean up my engine bay a bit and take a lil wieght out and its something to play with when I am not at school or work. in all honestly it is probably going to end up being one of those mods where after I am done I question why I did it to begin with.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

i think ABS and TCS are inter-connected somewhere. i dont think u can have one without the other working. there is a thread on here about removing ABS and TCS
Old 08-21-2008, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

I will also be replacing my intake manifold soon with a wiend I just picked up and I am trying to hunt down a better throttle body. y new manifold is already set up for an 80mm but I am hoping to go 85 or 90 if there is performance to be had. Also by next spring I hope to have the funds for a healthy set of heads and a nice cam so I will do the easier mods now in preperation. any recomendations on if I should go 80 mm 85mm or 90mm?
Old 08-21-2008, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

80, your intake is not going to allow 85 or 90mm's worth of air, so a bigger TB is kinda pointless unless you plan to upgrade later.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:34 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by nemss1
i think ABS and TCS are inter-connected somewhere. i dont think u can have one without the other working. there is a thread on here about removing ABS and TCS
it can be done, otherwise, all the cars would have ASR. i think some tuning is required. your ASR relies on your ABS reluctor rings to check wheel speed and activate the ASR, however, your ABS is NOT reliant on ASR for operation. so you can ABS without ASR, just not the other way around.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:39 PM
12 Second Club

is it possible to remove cruise control and still keep TCS? if so, how? i never use my cruise and its just dead weight. i do like the convenience of TCS though (safety button for the fiance lol)
Old 08-21-2008, 11:41 PM
12 Second Club

that box on there weighs around 5lbs. i dont know if it can be removed at all. i've never done any research on it. its not worth the 5lbs and time/money spent to change throttle cables...etc.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

do you think the wiend intakes have enuff metal to port out to a 85 or 90 mm? it looks like it has a solid 1/4 inch of space the entire iner diamiter that can be knocked out to allow for more air flow. is there any good sponsor who would be able to give me a lil porting advice of the top of yalls heads?
Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Traction control and ABS are not interrelated. You can remove the Traction control box that all the cables go into, go to the dealer and get a non-TC throttle and Cruise cable and hook both up to the TB. When you un-plug the TC the only thing that will happen is you will have a contant light on dash that TC is off. It don't affect anything including the ABS. if you don't like the light being on all the time you can turn it of by placing a resister across the pulg that came off the TC on the wheel well. can't remember value or pins but if you do a search I think it's here somewhere.